Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
Fred
BANNED

Default FORD GRILL etc..

Check out this E-BAY item #271140081977 that went off last night..Then this one that came on today, #370743446894.. Makes me wonder what my same "Complete" NOS #10 Grill with Charcoal is worth??.. Sorry I don`t know how to do the link trick !!..
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: FORD GRILL etc..

To make a direct link just left click on the address bar and it will be highlighted BLUE, then leave the cursor in the blue and right click COPY. Then when you type your message just right click inside the message box and PASTE.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
newshirt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Ford...p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370743446894...894%26_rdc%3D1
Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
Keith True

I have one of those unused in the box.I was at a diner in town for lunch one day and an old fellow looking at my car said he had something I should have.I followed him home and he pointed it out to me up on a beam in his garage.It had been given to him by the Ford tractor dealer,not the car dealer.He had never used it,cooking outside was something he and his family had worked hard to get away from.I've had it in my car a couple of times over the years,but the box is pretty fragile so I don't want it being blown around the back seat by the wind.I have no intention of selling it,I tend to keep gifts.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
Tom Wesenberg

$621.50 for a used rusty kit is rather high. I have seen a NOS kit, but the owner won't sell it.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
deuce5wndw

WOW! I have the NO. 10 and NO 20 in my show case with the boxes of charcoal! Think that was a fluke or are they bringing that? Dale
deuce5wndw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #7
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce5wndw View Post
WOW! I have the NO. 10 and NO 20 in my show case with the boxes of charcoal! Think that was a fluke or are they bringing that? Dale

I have seen a key ring go for four hundred dollars.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:11 AM   #8
Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Check out this E-BAY item #271140081977 that went off last night..Then this one that came on today, #370743446894.. Makes me wonder what my same "Complete" NOS #10 Grill with Charcoal is worth??.. Sorry I don`t know how to do the link trick !!..
And the guy that bought the grill is bidding on the over 200.00 box of charcoal, as well and the reserve is not yet met, (see the question section on the bottom of the auction)

Glad to see someone has funds to spend on this type of stuff.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #9
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
And the guy that bought the grill is bidding on the over 200.00 box of charcoal, as well and the reserve is not yet met, (see the question section on the bottom of the auction)

Glad to see someone has funds to spend on this type of stuff.
What he pays for the charcoal might be the least of his problems if his wife finds out.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:13 AM   #10
mot

wow
didnt realize they were so much in demand
i turned down another NOS one last year for $100
think ill go over and look at it again
this one has a great box,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-013S.JPG (66.8 KB, 109 views)
mot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #11
Fred
BANNED

Contrary to what has been printed, the first Ford Grill a small #10 "PICNIC KIT" was not given away "FREE" when you bought a Model "A" or "T"..In fact they were first given to Ford Dealers in 1935 for sale @ $1.00 ea. including the box of charcoal.. Later, two other larger sizes were also sold @ $2.00 & $3.00 EA..
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #12
Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Contrary to what has been printed, the first Ford Grill a small #10 "PICNIC KIT" was not given away "FREE" when you bought a Model "A" or "T"..In fact they were first given to Ford Dealers in 1935 for sale @ $1.00 ea. including the box of charcoal.. Later, two other larger sizes were also sold @ $2.00 & $3.00 EA..
Hey Fred, I hope the guy that bought the grill and is trying to buy the charcoal never finds out as he wants to display it along with his Model T. Or rather he should hope that his wife never finds out after he spends almost a $1000.00 for stuff made more than 10 years after his car.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #13
Bob/Kansas City

That Ford charcoal grill just sold for $621.00. I was looking at that the other day but too rich for me!

Here's some charcoal to go with it...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OLD-STOC...sories&vxp=mtr

Bob/Kansas City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #14
Clyde

Hey Fred & Mike, my name is Clyde. I'm new to the Model T's. Im the idiot that bought the grill and still looking for a box of charcoal. I have actually learned a lot on the forums here. I was aware when I bought the grill that is was made in the 30's. I'm just looking for a few things to make a display and preserve some history. Makes great conversation pieces. I have (3) 67 chevelle convertibles and they are what I really like but I was working in Milwaukee a few months ago and ran across a 1923 Ford Model T truck that really caught my eye. It's been a learning experience.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #15
luckyal

The charcoal grill ( maybe this one ) was for sale at Hershey for $ 50 or best offer ! It had already lasted 2 days at that price with no takers !
luckyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #16
junk yard kid

Quote:
I think i heard it on the history channel on modern marvels that was about camping or charcoal. They went on about ford useing the left over wood/shaveings being used for power and the for cooking. Ford i think went on a bunch of camping trips with roseavelt and others. History channel then said that ford did a lot to promote the hobby of camping by giveing away charcoal. Then established kingsford charcoal.

There is a lot of half truths on history channel. So i take it with a grain of salt but i like the story.
junk yard kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #17
Joe K

Ford, Edison, Firestone and Burroughs I believe were big into camping in the mid-late 20s (Edison died in 1931)

I say camping advisedly. Their idea of camping was a 20 to 80 person "entourage" with support staff and drivers. They would have a route, and publicity would post ahead so the news people could keep up with them.

But Ford and Edison particularly seemed to revel in the travail. Ford and Edison would poke around power plants and junkyards where Henry always took some delight seeing the Chevrolet's and makes other than Ford.

They styled themselves "The Four Vagabonds."

Joe K
Old 02-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #18
junk yard kid

yah thats right, not Roosevelt
junk yard kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #19
Bill in Al

Welcome Clyde and don't be bothered our comments. We're the ones who,according to our wives,spent fortunes on those old smelly cars and spend our spare time loving on them.The cars that is. Have to spend it before the kids get a chance to!!--Bill
Bill in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #20
Garage Dog

[QUOTE=Bob/Kansas City;578491]That Ford charcoal grill just sold for $621.00. I was looking at that the other day but too rich for me!

Here's some charcoal to go with it...

That would make for some big buck burgers.
Garage Dog is offline   Reply With Quote