Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
oldsmerc

Default 1940 Mercury Convertible

City: Bellevue
State: WA
Price: 18,000

It looks like I will never get this project to completion so I will pass it along. I have collected parts for this car for years. Rather than list details it would be best to call me or email me with your number and I will call you. That way I can describe it to you as I walk around it. My cel is 425-890-8410. I want 18,000 as you see it in the picture or I will sell it together with my tudor sedan parts car, a very nice grille (two halves and center bar) and all of my extra sheet metal for 24,800. This convertible would make an excellent street rod and with the parts car it could easily be restored to original. It has some rust but nothing structural. The convertible has a 49/53 block and the sedan has the original 40 Merc engine. The 49/53 engine was in another 40 Merc convertible I used to own and runs well. It has about 1000 miles on a rebuild. The 40 engine ran when I put it in storage and still has antifreeze in it. These are rare cars and the convertible is very valuable when restored. The sedan would make a great ratrod after you get the parts you want off of it.
I will consider trades.
[email protected]
Cel 425-890-8410
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 058.jpg (97.6 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 048.jpg (68.2 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (70.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 259.jpg (108.5 KB, 70 views)
oldsmerc is offline   Reply With Quote