Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
t-head

Default Don't Miss the Documentary Series- Where They Raced – Episode I : The Early Years

This is the premiere episode of “WHERE THEY RACED: Speed Demons in the City of Angeles” by Harry Pallenberg: Producer / Director. Previews of what you will see in the film are in the thumbnails at the bottom.

TO SEE IT CLICK HERE

Los Angeles is famous for its orange groves, bathing beauties, sunshine and Hollywood blockbusters. Long forgotten is that it was also home to more auto racing and innovation than anywhere else in the world.

With hundreds of vintage photos, lost archival footage and revealing interviews, WHERE THEY RACED is the documentary series that reunites the ghost tracks of Los Angeles with the cars that ran them and gets the families, historians and experts to tell the tales that give this history a victory lap by preserving these fading memories.

Be sure to stop by every Tuesday as we plan on featuring the complete series and next week will feature the Santa Monica Road Races and important racing cars of the Los Angeles area as seen below.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg WTRI.jpg (55.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg WTRII.jpg (76.7 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg WTRIII.jpg (75.5 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by t-head; 02-13-2013 at 07:43 AM.
t-head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
Garage Dog

Default Re: Don't Miss the Documentary Series- Where They Raced – Episode I : The Early Years

Wow, that is great to see all those Barney Oldfield photos and other early racing photos. Very entertaining and everyone should watch it. I assume they will be covering a lot of Ford cars as they get into the next film?

That car at the end and in your post is a replica of the Winfield Ford car. Man that thing goes. Thanks can't wait to see the next one.
Garage Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Ross/Kzoo

Default Re: Don't Miss the Documentary Series- Where They Raced – Episode I : The Early Years

Thanks, I enjoy all that old footage especially the racing.
Ross/Kzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
t-head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage Dog View Post
Wow, that is great to see all those Barney Oldfield photos and other early racing photos. Very entertaining and everyone should watch it. I assume they will be covering a lot of Ford cars as they get into the next film?

That car at the end and in your post is a replica of the Winfield Ford car. Man that thing goes. Thanks can't wait to see the next one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross/Kzoo View Post
Thanks, I enjoy all that old footage especially the racing.
Glad to hear that both of you enjoyed it, I am going to be speaking with Harry Pallenberg the Producer / Director in the next few days about it. You are correct, that is a replica of the Winfield Ford T car that Rick Rawlins built and has been racing. I bet we will be treated with many Ford racing cars....As they used to say.....Stay tuned this is going to be a great series.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
PeteVS

I'm on board for the next installment!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
zzlegend

Gotta love them old black and white movies. Looking forward to next Tuesday.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
modelAtony

t-head, thanks for all the great pictures and film that you always post. It really blows my mind the amount of info you come up with, while I'm here at the computer just in aw at the great pictures , it's hard to believe all the time that you spend setting all this up. My hats off to you sir. thank you for all you do that we can enjoy these great moments from history. have fun modelAtony Lafayette,La.
modelAtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #8
t-head

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelAtony View Post
t-head, thanks for all the great pictures and film that you always post. It really blows my mind the amount of info you come up with, while I'm here at the computer just in aw at the great pictures , it's hard to believe all the time that you spend setting all this up. My hats off to you sir. thank you for all you do that we can enjoy these great moments from history. have fun modelAtony Lafayette,La.
Tony, Thank you for the kind words about the website. Please spread the word and tell your friends about us.

Last edited by t-head; 02-13-2013 at 10:47 PM.