Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
Colorado Greg

Default Disappearing Threads

I replied to a thread about a comparision of Brumfield and Snyder heads since the Brumfield heads are not available. I must have annoyed someone because the last time I looked, the thread was closed and now it is missing entirely.

I have not noticed any other threads missing. Is this common practice with this website?

Last edited by Colorado Greg; 08-04-2010 at 01:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Colorado Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #2
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: Disappearing Threads

As far as I know this is the first time this has happened on this forum. I have seen it on others as well. If I remember the thread some posters were taking pot shots at each other. Maybe it is better that it is gone.

If you need comparision details, might I suggest a search for the words "high compression head" or start another thread asking specific questions in an attempt to keep down the "drama".

Just my two cents
Old 08-04-2010, 01:38 AM   #3
Colorado Greg

It probably is best that the thread is gone, there wasn't any worthwhile information. It is just a little disturbing that the thread can disappear entirely without being notified as to why it got deleted.
Colorado Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
Cob
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Greg View Post
I replied to a thread about a comparision of Brumfield and Snyder heads since the Brumfield heads are not available. I must have annoyed someone because the last time I looked, the thread was closed and now it is missing entirely.

I have not noticed any other threads missing. Is this common practice with this website?
No it is not common but let me share what some one asked me in a private message about what decisions moderators make to delete/close posts.

1. No Politics
2. No religion
3. No drama= disrespectful - name calling - arguing.

The last appears to be the big question mark for everyone on what drama is... let me help

The original post starts with one car related subject and turns into a post of disagreement with posters name calling and a battle of who's right and someone having to have the last word and it turns heated etc and by posting all of that, it invites others to ad their opinion and guess what ?
Drama

We all have opinions but lets not be disrespectful about it..........

We are all here for the enjoying of old Fords.
We are are not going to agree on what brand is best ........
Brumfield/Snyder or I like blue and you like green and somehow we have to try to change each other to think my way.

That being said We all like old cars so we have a lot in common.

Don't be afraid to PM me or Ryan if you have questions.
I private messaged Colorado Greg with the reasons why it was closed/deleted.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks and enjoy the Ford Barn.

Cob
Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:59 AM   #5
5window

Thanks,Cob. At least we can all agree not to talk about NASCAR! Now about Iowa...

I love Iowa. It's not a Model A, but check this out:
http://www.iowatransportationmuseum.com/restore.php I am sponsoring the restoration of one of the headlamps.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #6
Cob
Administrator

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5window View Post
Thanks,Cob. At least we can all agree not to talk about NASCAR! Now about Iowa...

I love Iowa. It's not a Model A, but check this out:
http://www.iowatransportationmuseum.com/restore.php I am sponsoring the restoration of one of the headlamps.
You want to hear something crazy ?
I was just in Grinnell yesterday and I had no idea that this museum is in Grinnell. Will have to look it up when I am there in a couple of weeks.

Cob
Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #7
Ron/IA

The Hawk A Model A Ford Club visited this museum last year on one of our day tours. The club has made an annual donation to the museum for restoration of the Spaulding and the museum.

Iowa has a rich history of automobile manufacturing. There is a book titled "Iowa's Automobiles by Bill Jepsen" that covers a lot of the brands of automobiles made in Iowa. Also, Iowa Public Television has and interesting article: http://www.iptv.org/iowapathways/myp...unid=ob_000015

The book and the article are very interesting reading.

Hawk A Model A Ford Club
http://hawkamodelaclub.org/
Ron/IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:55 PM   #8
5window

The Grinnell Historical Society has some interesting Spaulding stuff, mostly photos-and a Spaulding buggy in their garage. The Stewart Library in Grinnell has some good Spaulding photos as does the Drake University collection.

Check out "Great Cars of the Great Plains" by Curt McConnell-very good coverage of the Spaulding, plus other midwest cars like the Moon. Also "Eight Women,Two Model T's and the American West" by Joann Wilke-a great remembrance of an adventurous group of women in the early years of cross country travel.Both of these are by the University of Nebraska Press.

If you are east, check out the "Antique Car Museum of Iowa" in Coralville-across the river from Iowa City. It was free I think when I was there-right before the last flood-but i think it missed the museum and just nailed Cedar Rapids.

I've corresponded with Mr. Jepson-seems like a nice guy. Iowa's Car's was a private printing-limited edition-about $40 I think-I'd grab one if you can.

Oh,just Googled it and you can order it here:
http://www.iowabook.com/ioaubybijeh.html
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Talk about moving off topic! (Not a problem just an observation)