Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-16-2014, 04:39 PM   #21
keeeef

Default Re: Ignition wiring help please.

Thanks OLD BILL, I will add it to my list....
keeeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #22
OLD...BILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeeef View Post
Thanks OLD BILL, I will add it to my list....
Hey keeeef: I would like to see a filter in that area, like the one that was in original carb. line, we don't know what junk is in your tank ?? it was there for a reason ?? .... and your "flamethrower" is a bit much...overkill.. Maybe use a Bosch blue, #0-221-119-027...( no resister needed ).. you don't need all that fire power for a low compression 21 stud, or over drive the insulation of the distributor ..... and with that I'll leave you alone.....OLD....BILL ....again
OLD...BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-18-2014, 03:30 AM   #23
keeeef

Hi OLD BILL, don't leave me alone I will happily take all the advice I can get!!

I put an inline fuel filter out of sight along the chassis rails under the cab where the rubber hose joins the copper one just in front of the firewall. There is a bit of movement but maybe |I should make another flexible join up nearer the pump?

Have a good day

Keeeef
keeeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #24
Walt Dupont--Me.

How about a pic of the whole truck. I just built 50 engine for a guy building a 34 pickup street rod. Walt
Walt Dupont--Me. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #25
OLD...BILL

OK hey feeeek ;;; something to look at, a list if you will. don't know what you people use for fuel there, but here we are forced to use a blind of alcohol/gas...we call it "corngas" and it is the cause of a lot of trouble with the flathead,,,eats soft stuff. like the fuel hose, the diaphragm in the fuel pump, ect... so the best place to get the pickup hose is; Robert Shewman his e-mail is [email protected]... he is also a "barner"
#2. Change or replace the distributor, the old divingbell or football it something called is a good unit BUT, difficult at best, to work on,.. and with your adaptor plate, one more can of worms ?? Best is the "crab " or pancake sometime called, two ways to go, one replace a two bolt timing cover/with a one piece seal on the crank,... or a three bolt adaptor plate, on for the two bolt crab.dist... it also has better advance curve than the divingbell. dist.... but a lot of work for something thats running now...right.
#3. Headers, the stock exhaust system, at best is a choke down system ( boy am I going to hear about that statement ) they RUN and sound so much better with straight pipes small dia. 1-1/4 or 1-1/2 inch all the way out back ....
#4. Your imaginary air filter, is just that. best get an original Ford oil bath, an have the top/cover chrome, hey I like chrome better than most, I have stuff in the chrome shop all the time.
get on e-bay ...google flathead, ford ...you will find a 2,000 plus ford parts for bid, I have several bid going now, better go check some now... .... good luck and keep asking questions, and we like pictures ...as walt, said lets see the truck, .....OLD....BILL
OLD...BILL is offline   Reply With Quote