Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-23-2010, 02:09 AM   #21
X38

Default Re: New 1932 5 window bodies

To all you guys who carry on everytime someone ponies up the $ to tool up and get repro bodies made: Are you saying they shouldn't be allowed to? What's wrong with someone doing something? You don't have to buy them, but someone else might and they may get some joy out of it. Some parts may even help them fix a gennie one.
X38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:35 AM   #22
barryfromvictoria

tj-- you got that right. nothing they make fits right.
barryfromvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #23
Bob NH

Thumbs up Re: New 1932 5 window bodies

I thought I'd seen it all till I clicked on "Mikes" store site in Calif. WOW !
Bob NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:25 AM   #24
cuzncletus

On Experi-Metal and Brookville et al: Experi-Metal recently got ripped off for close to 2 million by Russian Cyber-Mobsters who pilfered the money in a matter of seconds from Experi-Metal's bank account. Experi-Metal is currently in a law suit with their bank over who's responsible for the funds. If Experi-Metal loses it will be out the 2 million and quite possibly out of business. I saw this in the WSJ and thought it couldn't be our little manufacturer but, on checking, it was.

I'm planning for my next car to be a Brookville bodied flathead roadster. It would truly be a shame to lose a business that has become so important and integral to our economically threatened hobby.

Finally, it's important to remember what ultimately got us into this mess. A very ignorant man once told me; "If you keep buying more than you're selling, pretty soon you're going to go broke." Even he could see it. We can't keep buying all our goods from overseas. Support U.S. businesses and "BUY AMERICAN!"
cuzncletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #25
bobscogin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzncletus View Post
Support U.S. businesses and "BUY AMERICAN!"
I think most folks here would like to do that. What needs to happen for our business economy to recover is for folks in foreign countries to BUY AMERICAN.

Bob
bobscogin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #26
rotorwrench

Bob, you hit the nail square on the head. We can stay inside our own economy all we want but the fact of the matter is, we don't build a lot of stuff here that folks in other countries want. They like our old stuff though. They buy all the well made American antique stuff they can , when they can afford it. If we actually built a 1932 five window coupe in the USA, it would likely be too expensive to attract a foreign market unless it was at least as good as Henry's was.

Kerby
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #27
bcharlton

As the FNG to this forum, I am very careful how I address car guys that do not have original Henny Ford Steel. I am fortunate to have 2, 5 window original coupes. 1 1932 Ford and 1 1931 Oldsmobile. I have seen stunnning glass builds and Brookville that repesent our hobby well. As for China, I am glad these steel cars may come from Taiwan. They are a democracy and have a sililiar spirt as us Americans.

Merry Christmas everyone.
bcharlton is offline   Reply With Quote