Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-21-2024, 03:25 PM   #1
wrndln

Default Unusual forged front fender bracket

I got a pair (really not exactly the same) of 28/29 forged front fender brackets at a swap meet yesterday. One is the usual style - left one in the pictures, but the other one has several unusual things. The first is the lower mounting bolt boss is thinner than the normal larger bolt boss on forged bracket. The second difference is the lower hole has a smaller diameter bolt hole than the normal brackets I have seen. The third difference is the areas around the headlight bar bolt holes is smaller than the normal brackets - the bolt holes are the same in both brackets. I don't think this is an very 28 bracket becuse the part that attaches to the fender bead does not have the raised/protruding area on the fender side like early 28 have - fourth picture. I can't imagine this is a repro part, but I guess it is possible. BTW, the unique bracket is NOT an early 30 fender bracket, as the early 30 brackets have a more sweeping arc for the wider 30 vehicle fenders than 28/29 brackets. I have had some early 30 forged brackets, so I know this is not one of them. If anyone knows, what the different bracket is for - year, etc, please post a response.
Thanks
Rusty Nelson
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Forged front fender brackets 1.jpg (73.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Forged front fender brackets 2.jpg (94.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Forged front fender brackets 3.jpg (59.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Forged front fender brackets 4.jpg (55.4 KB, 15 views)
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote