Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
Digger

Default Wood Art reliability?

I ordered a full wood kit for my '33 3W from Ford Wood Art out of Manteca, CA. I did my order on line, paid with credit card. That was on the 13th. I have called in to the business three times, and all three times got voice mail. I left a message to call me, as I am checking on my order, no one has called me back.

Has anyone dealt with this company and please give me positive or negative feedback about them when you can....thanks Barners...
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
quickchange34

Default Re: Wood Art reliability?

I dont think he is in business anymore. I think the company was sold a while back.
quickchange34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
Milt K from Pa

Original owner passed away, but business was purchased and is still in effect. They are very difficult to get on the phone, and don't seem to care. I decided to get my wood for my '34 Roadster from Brad's Wood Shop in Washington. Great prices, good fit and excellent customer service. He answers the phone! Phone 360-378-3886
Milt K from Pa
Milt K from Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:33 AM   #4
Kirk Hanning

Cut your losses and take your business elsewhere. They took my order and gave me a 2 month lead time. After 2 months and 2 weeks I tried to reach them by phone and e-mail. I attempted this for 2 more weeks to no avail. My final e-mail was, "I am now cancelling my order due to your incompitence as a company". Within 5 minutes I was e-mailed back with a response of "it's canceled".
Kirk Hanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:52 AM   #5
David J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post
I ordered a full wood kit for my '33 3W from Ford Wood Art out of Manteca, CA. I did my order on line, paid with credit card. That was on the 13th. I have called in to the business three times, and all three times got voice mail. I left a message to call me, as I am checking on my order, no one has called me back.
Had issues with delivery on a 33 cabriolet package tray and I found that leaving them feedback drew a quick response . I did get it finally and it was ok . He didn't run my card until it was shipped and he told me that was standard policy . Woodart used to be in Bloomington MN and was run by Bob Sevlie. He indeed passed on some years ago .He used to laugh at some of the closet case 33-34 beasts I would drag out of holes and get going and drive out to his shop . I used to live in MPLS and datz purdy klose ta Bloomington . Datz allz we nooze bout dis . David J
David J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:12 AM   #6
Terry,OH

I ordered wood for my 35 Cabriolet from Woodart and it seemed if they had it in stock for immediate shipment, everything was fine. I then asked a couple of questions about the wood placement on the vehicle, and they were unable to answer any of my questions. They finally sent me a letter that they had canceled the remainder of my order, after I was waiting for the wood to arrive. The next time I ordered from Brad Brown for my 34 and found him to be very responsive to questions. All the wood the received for both Brad and Woodart fit correctly. I will order from Brad again and forget the other place.
Terry,OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
JM 35 Sedan

I believe Roy Nacewicz is making most, if not all, wood products for early Ford V8's. You can call him at (734) 654-9450 or go to his website www.fordbolts.com

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #8
Digger

Thanks for all the info. I checked with my bank and they did not charge me yet so I will definitely cxl my order, had no idea....
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
40a-760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

Has anyone dealt with this company and please give me positive or negative feedback about them when you can....thanks Barners...
Hello John,
Regarding WoodArt quality and reliability, my experience is very different than the other posts. I ordered well in advance of need for the '34 cabriolet and was very pleased with the quality and delivery. My order was placed on August 25, 2010 for all parts listed for the cabriolet. I received a call from Ed of WoodArt who advised that some parts could be shipped immediately and he would deliver the remaining parts by the end of October. It took three separate shipments of parts as they were produced, the last group was receive on November 7, absolutely on schedule. No billing charges were made until the parts were shipped.
I am very pleased with the entire transaction and would not hesitate to use WoodArt again. PM sent to you with additional contact info that might be of assistance.

Walt K. in PA
40a-760 is offline   Reply With Quote