Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #1
nospartsman
BANNED

Default Advice from UK Ford Barn members...Beaulieu

Can some of the UK Ford Barn members give some advice about attending the Beaulieu Auto Jumble (swap meet). What is the best day to arrive, should I get a swap space to get in on Friday, where to stay. What is the best way to get there from London, rental car, train, or? Nospartsman
nospartsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
DavidG

Default Re: Advice from UK Ford Barn members...Beaulieu

Have fun! I was there a couple of times back in the '70s. (I took a train from London and walked there from the station.)
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospartsman View Post
Can some of the UK Ford Barn members give some advice about attending the Beaulieu Auto Jumble (swap meet). What is the best day to arrive, should I get a swap space to get in on Friday, where to stay. What is the best way to get there from London, rental car, train, or? Nospartsman
What is the date and location for this? Will most likely be over there myself in September.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
tiger.1000

6th and 7th September.....it's on the M27 Junction 2; in Hampshire (Hampshire UK that is) !
tiger.1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
VeryTangled

http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu-e...nal-autojumble

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:27 PM   #6
Mart

I'll put my hand up and say I'm nowhere near there and have never been, so I am not able to offer any advice. I'm sorry about that.

Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #7
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger.1000 View Post
6th and 7th September.....it's on the M27 Junction 2; in Hampshire (Hampshire UK that is) !
Hmmm...not too far off our planned course. We will be traveling the M3 to the A303 heading towards Salsbury, but wondering what the likelihood would be for finding any early Ford V-8 parts there? I could maybe call a V-8er friend in Wells to find out if he knows any details.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 07-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #8
nospartsman
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Hmmm...not too far off our planned course. We will be traveling the M3 to the A303 heading towards Salsbury, but wondering what the likelihood would be for finding any early Ford V-8 parts there? I could maybe call a V-8er friend in Wells to find out if he knows any details.
Beaulieu is the "Hershey" of Europe. Since the UK was knee deep in Military vehicles, there's bound to be some military surplus remnants of Ford Parts. I have previously purchased some NOS items on UK ebay which were Ford Military surplus (Ford Woody bits). But even if I don't find one item to buy, seeing another version of "Hershey" is worth the price of the ticket. Watch the video from their web site, enlarge it. Nospartsman
nospartsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #9
Mr 42

Visited 1999, and as all swap meets First day and early bird is important.
I lived in London and drove back and forth.
Since I was the both days. you can do some good business at the end if you are lucky and the part is still there.

Not much Ford Flathead stuff , but it was cheap ;-)

But it was something I had to do...
Mr 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #10
scooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
You gonna pop in a see Edwin? I'm pretty sure he's got more stuff in the barn, than you'll find at beaulieu.
I haven't been in a 'coons age. But even then there wernt much Ford V8 stuff.
Martin.
scooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:29 PM   #11
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooder View Post
You gonna pop in a see Edwin? I'm pretty sure he's got more stuff in the barn, than you'll find at beaulieu.
I haven't been in a 'coons age. But even then there wernt much Ford V8 stuff.
Martin.
Yes, would like to stop in and see how Edwin is doing on his '32 roadster. He was building a columbia rear for it when there two years ago. Andy House and I rode there together from Frome in his '36 roadster. Unfortunately, Andy just recently passed away. I had been planning to stop and see him as well.

Old 07-28-2014, 01:29 PM   #12
scooder

Didn't know about Andy, that shocked me a bit, he ain't that old. May he rest in piece, or rest in the eternal sound of a Ford Flathead..
Be good to meet you when your here, Edwin's only about 1/2 hour from me.
Martin.
scooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:36 PM   #13
Bruce Lancaster
Member Emeritus

Do you guys still have "the Ralley of the Giants" event? I managed to hit that once, probably around 1970. Big meet for American type vehicles, a wonderful automotive zoo and lots of stuff for sale.
Bruce Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:33 PM   #14
Mart

The rally of the giants is still going, and was yesterday, funny enough. I went to the all ford rally at Gaydon and the numbers were down a bit for "our" sort of cars because of the clash with the rally of the giants.

Mart.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #15
37coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lancaster View Post
Do you guys still have "the Ralley of the Giants" event? I managed to hit that once, probably around 1970. Big meet for American type vehicles, a wonderful automotive zoo and lots of stuff for sale.
Went to the rally of the giants yesterday,a great day apart from the M25 coming home to kent being a car park, some really nice stuff ,the Fords were a bit down ,probably because of the all Ford rally at Gaydon, the right hand drive 35 3 window much talked about on the barn recently was there with its new owner,i spoke to him and quite a story.
Its now held at Blenheim castle as apposed to the many years at Knebworth house ,in my opinion not so good but it was full and well organised as usual and I,v been to almost every one for the last 30 years and every year cars I,v not seen before,lots of cars ,lots of people and a good atmosphere ..... it was hot ,but selling a small bottle of water for £2,come on ,someone is taking the P. cheers Jim.
37coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 03:57 PM   #16
Jembow

37coop, was it me or David you spoke to about the RHD coupe, 'cos I have just bought it from David. I'm the kid who wrecked the motor in 1962 by leaving plain water in it over the winter! I now have a car I dreamed of for 52 years and I'm a dog with 2 tails! Just been riding round in it this evening.

Nospartsman, come see us on stall R130/1. If you want a Friday trade ticket (Sat & Sun are the public days) I can get it for you if you PM me, but they cost £60 (I think).
Jem
Jembow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #17
37coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jembow View Post
37coop, was it me or David you spoke to about the RHD coupe, 'cos I have just bought it from David. I'm the kid who wrecked the motor in 1962 by leaving plain water in it over the winter! I now have a car I dreamed of for 52 years and I'm a dog with 2 tails! Just been riding round in it this evening.

Nospartsman, come see us on stall R130/1. If you want a Friday trade ticket (Sat & Sun are the public days) I can get it for you if you PM me, but they cost £60 (I think).
Jem
not sure who it was I spoke to ,it was noisy with the commentary and I was trying to hear what the guy with the car was trying to say to me and sadly it was sometimes a case of smiling and nodding instead of asking to repeat himself but whoever it was told me the car would not be restored but left as is and rightly so
a nice bit of kit , enjoy it ,a dream come true , cheers Jim.
37coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #18
Mart

Well done Jembow!

I enjoyed the story when you posted about it before.

I saw the car at the NEC.

Mart.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #19
bluardun

Sounds like a wonderful adventure. I hope you find tons of NOS Ford items. I envey your trip. Please share some of your experiences with us here on the Barn.
Bill
bluardun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:42 AM   #20
Edmather

Hi,
We are not too far from Beaulieu so tend to pop in. (Also A303/M3. Takes about an hour from here) Have to say I have never found much ford v8 stuff there, and these days, it's certainly not cheap! But it is well worth a visit. It's amazing what is available there. Last year my favourite was a stand packed full of taxidermy! Go for the autmobilia rather than a parts haul.
Ed
Edmather is offline   Reply With Quote