Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-22-2017, 09:57 PM   #1
lesterwa58

Default Pinto turn signal switch

I have a 1980 Pinto made in Sept of 1979 and I need a replacement column turn signal switch. I have purchased turn signal switch, Ford # REPF505802, but this does not fit my vehicle. Is there another switch that might work?
Where might I search for the correct switch. I am assuming this is a module with the turn signal lever on the left side and the four way flasher mounted on the lower right side of the column, the switch has connecting wiring that goes down the column to connection to the four way and turn signal wiring. If you know of a source for me to contact please advise. Wes Jones, Cle Elum, WA
lesterwa58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:01 PM   #2
lesterwa58

Default Re: Pinto turn signal switch

I have a 1980 Pinto made in Sept of 1979 and I need a replacement column turn signal switch. I have purchased turn signal switch, Ford # REPF505802, but this does not fit my vehicle. Is there another turn signal switch that might work that has the connecting wiring?
Where might I search for the correct switch. I am assuming this is a module with the turn signal lever on the left side and the four way flasher mounted on the lower right side of the column, the switch has connecting wiring that goes down the column to connection to the four way and turn signal wiring. If you know of a source for me to contact please advise. Wes Jones, Cle Elum, WA
lesterwa58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:15 PM   #3
fordcragar

You might try finding some old Ford Parts book and look there. A Ford dealer that has been around for a long time might be able to help. Another thing you might try is checking in a Hollander book for interchangeable parts.
fordcragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:13 PM   #4
paul2748

Google Pinto clubs (there must be at least one) - there might be a contact.

Found this on Google : Pinto Car Club of America (PCCA)
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:26 AM   #5
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesterwa58 View Post
I have a 1980 Pinto made in Sept of 1979 and I need a replacement column turn signal switch. I have purchased turn signal switch, Ford # REPF505802, but this does not fit my vehicle. Is there another switch that might work?
Check e-Bay, there's 6 pages of turn switches that will fit a Pinto or Bobcat. Pull out your old one and compare part numbers. Also check Napa Auto Parts. they sell turn switches.
TJ is online now   Reply With Quote