Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
40ford

Default Heater Hose Hook-Up:

I have seen so many different ways heater hoses have been hooked up.Does it really make that much difference if both are hooked up on same side of engine?I realize the top nipple on heater should be hooked to top one on motor correct?Reason I am asking I am trying to route these hoses in the most practical way.Here is pictures of a 40 engine with heater and this looks like an easy way,but is it right and will the heater work correctly?

40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
Kube

Default Re: Heater Hose Hook-Up:

Ford cautioned their servicemen to be certain the hoses were attached to the correct heater core nipple. Below I have inserted in part the correct routing.
The hot water shut off valve, part number 91A‑15142, was screwed into a threaded boss on the right cylinder head. The body of the valve and its T-shaped handle were cadmium plated. The threaded stop valve and its hex nut were brass. One heater hose was clamped to the valve and was routed on top of the valve chamber cover in front of the carburetor. From there the hose turned back towards the dash (firewall) where a clamp held it to the supply nipple of the heater core. A cadmium-plated clamp, part number 91A‑15152, secured the hose to the left spark plug wire conduit.
The return hose from the heater core was clamped to a special fitting, part number 91A‑15160, that was installed in the lower right radiator hose. A cadmium plated clamp, part number 91A‑15151, secured the hose to the right spark plug conduit.
Kube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
bbrocksr

Default Re: Heater Hose Hook-Up:

Hot water comes out of the head and goes in the bottom of the heater core,
There is rises to the top of the core and returns to the lower radiator hose or waterpump. Bill
bbrocksr is offline   Reply With Quote