Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #21
fordgarage
BANNED

Default Re: Page 66 in Antique Automobile 180A

Quote:
Originally Posted by peters180a/170b View Post
First we are talking about A.A.C.A. awards [Not MARC] .This pompous ass that is the owner of the car would like a fair deal after 7 years of restoration , time , money , attending National meets[ 9 to date over 3 years]and you POINT OUT its about the car and NOT how much you write out the check for... Someone who knows the car very well and the woman said the car drives well but as far as the restoration will not get a MARC of EX....now i viewed the car in Tenn. and did need that little push..remember 5 point spread you need to win a Grand National award. And maybe Vince more people will step up and say more to correct the problems in Judging .People will say nothing with a remark you just made. With me i really don't give a rats ass but i do make a point and we will see in Dec. when the winner is announced.
If you "don't give a rat's ass", then why do you come on fordbarn to always complain about judging, tell us how wonderful your car is, and how you are being pimped by judges? It's a fair question, but really the whole topic is off topic. You always think judging is the problem, ever since French Lick, but I think you are the problem.

p.s. I "don't give a rat's ass" who the winner is in December, but if it's not you, I am sure we will hear about it from you.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #22
MCHinson

Yesterday I suggested to Steve Moskowitz, Executive Director of the AACA, that he should read this discussion due to some of the comments that had been made at that time. This evening, I received an email from Steve asking that I post the following text for him:

I am not a member of this forum but allegations have been made here that are libelousin nature. I am a member of the AACA National Awards team and have been so for 9 years. I also handle all the clubs donations. Statements that awards go to members based upon donations is absurdly false. The 20 plus members of our committee meet in December and review the photos of the cars that were nominated during the year. No one except the head of the committee and his assistant ever sees a name or score attached to the nomination. It is blind and rarely, if ever, is it unanimous. Virtually ever car nominated is worthy! We try to pick the most outstanding cars but in the end it is very subjective and simply what the majority likes. Some members see the car for the first time at this meeting as we all can’t make every meet or judge every car. It is a fair process.

It is sad that anyone would make a statement in regards to donors of our club. Those that donate do so because they care about AACA. The club sends each donor a thank you letter but our board and committees never see a donor list. Have some donors won awards? Absolutely but they won them fair and square! Since I know for an absolutely fact that donations do not affect votes for national awards comments to the contrary bother me greatly.

AACA’s 1,000 plus judges are constantly counseled not to ever divulge scores. It is taught in our schools. If we do find a judge who has divulged a score we take swift action. In many cases people have said that their car scored XXX and when we look into that did not even have the right score. With the number of judges we have, it is always possible that someone will not follow the rules.

Anyone wishing to discuss this issue with me is always welcome to do so and can call our national headquarters and ask for me.

Steve Moskowitz
Executive Director
Antique Automobile Club of America
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #23
Ryan
Administrator

This thread is nuts.
Closed Thread