Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
zoegrant

Default Special bottom of door clips for 56 vicky

Hi to all......my buddy just finished off a body off resto on his 56 Vicky and needs the following to complete the car1...the bottom door panel takes special clips to hold door panel to the door, the part # appears to be #358633-S7...they fit into a square hole at the door bottom...WHERE CAN THEY BE FOUND ?

2...he needs the backing for the rear seat, WHERE CAN THAT BE FOUND ?

3....did the well wells have some type of cardboard covering in the Victoria model ?...If so, WHERE TO GET THAT ?

thanks in advance for any info supplied......John in CT
zoegrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
mikhett

Default Re: Special bottom of door clips for 56 vicky

Try RESTORATION SPECIALTIES in WINBER,PA i get all my resto clips there.
mikhett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
carguy01

The cardboard panel can be found at Dennis carpenters or mac's
carguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
Daves55Sedan

Sorry in advance for being so long winded, but I can't make my point otherwise.
It took from 1991 to 1996 to complete body off frame restoration of my '55 Ford.
I saved EVERY single nut bolt washer and ANY type of fastener when dismatling the car.
I used dozens of little cardboard soap boxes and similar containers EACH MARKED as to their location and use; ie "Fender bolt clips-upper fender to fender apron".

Even if a fastener was half desintigrated, I saved it in the little boxes, so that I could get a duplicate replacement at a later time. It took one entire winter every night after work just to clean fasteners in rust remover, then brush them on a wire-wheel, re-plate them with zinc, or blueing as appropriate and polish them all to original luster. Upon finishing, they would go back into the little marked box until such time as I needed them for the re-assembly (which could occur YEARS down the road).

I used innumerable sources for resto parts during my work such as Dennis Carpenter, The Ford Parts Store, Bob Drake, Concours Parts, Joblot Automotive, Kanters, Metro Moulded Parts and many others.
To my knowledge, those little square slip-clips used to fasten the bottom of the interior door panel to the bottom of the door are not offered by any of the resto suppliers. Thank goodness I kept the old ones.

I'm no pro, but it seems to me that retaining all the original parts until I could get replacements would be "restoration 101".

Concours Parts does offer the cardboard separation panel between the back seat and the trunk.
Unfortunately, I believe you will need to make the waferboard panels at each side of the rear seat. Ultimately, that will not be just a flat sheet. The area near the sides of the seat protrudes from the base about 1-1/2 inches and holds the little ash-trays. Get the material at most auto upholstery shops, however, Concours does carry a line of original upholstery for the Victoria models in green or blue.

As a last resort, you might try to contact the folks down at Hidden Valley auto salvage down in the Black Canyon area of Arizona for whatever you need.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote