Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #21
dwick01

Default Re: To Grouse Creek and the AAA garage

I believe the majority of us truly enjoy reading about your trips professor. Some of your mishaps, fixes & band-aids are learning tools for the novices out there, which include me. Hopefully, you will not be discouraged on reporting future trips just because of a knuckle head or two.
dwick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:27 PM   #22
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwick01 View Post
I believe the majority of us truly enjoy reading about your trips professor. Some of your mishaps, fixes & band-aids are learning tools for the novices out there, which include me. Hopefully, you will not be discouraged on reporting future trips just because of a knuckle head or two.
Thanks so much. I really appreciate that.
Every road trip, in addition to being just plain fun (the first priority) is a learning experience discovering what Old Henry's greatest strengths as well as weaknesses are. Consequently, I haven't even opened the tool box on many of the recent trips. But, this trip, which had virtually the identical problems of the 7° one a year ago, confirmed that, although Old Henry doesn't mind driving in any degree of cold if he's been sleeping in a nice warm garage and is awakened there, he absolutely hates being waked up below 20° and protests like crazy. Once awake and running, he does just as well traveling in the cold, snow, ice, and wind. But, waking him up in that low of temperature I just may have to avoid in the future.

We lives and we learns. There are some things that can only be learned by living and experiencing life to its limits, i.e. many times we can not find out what we really can do until we push ourselves to the point of finding out what we can't do. Then, and only then, do we know that we have done our very best.*

*(This may very well be an athlete's creed. It sure seems to be so as I observe the triumphs and failures of the current Olympic contestants.)
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #23
peewee2you

Old Henry rides again what adventure, photo's fantastic..... Livin thru you and Pepe I do realize though from our end a great story, from your end at times frustrating, challenging, questionable and daring. However from your writing you seem to take it in stride, so I commend you for that... Okay now I'm going to speak for ol Pepe, are you kidding me, I'm gettin old, I'm small, not much meat on these bones, what are you thinkin, we could die out here, out of gas..... gp what gave us the wrong directions you say, we might make the news as frozen statues? lol Once again thanks for the good times, smiles and laughter.. Peter
peewee2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #24
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee2you View Post
Okay now I'm going to speak for ol Pepe, are you kidding me, I'm gettin old, I'm small, not much meat on these bones, what are you thinkin, we could die out here, out of gas..... gps what gave us the wrong directions you say, we might make the news as frozen statues? Peter
Love it!!

I'm hoping that I'm keeping enough drugs in Pepe that he's usually laying back and saying, "Go ahead and beat the crap out of me. I don't care. Whatever happens it's going to feel real real good."

The little short video of his anxiety on this trip was only that once and I think from him feeling some of my stress from the morning's ordeals and from stealing a big drink of my Dr. Pepper and getting a little high on the caffeine.

Last edited by Old Henry; 02-09-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old Henry is offline   Reply With Quote