Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #21
FordToughChevyStuff

Default Re: 1929 Truck Conversion ~ Updated with Pictures ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lancaster View Post
In the early 1960's there were still some Feral examples running around...I've seen sliced off sedans, shortened sedans, and Coupe with a pickup box worked into the original quarter panels still delivering rural mail in Alabama in the late sixties!
I picked over a slightly different example at about that time, too...I found the hulk of the body of some variety of '30-31 Fordor with rear folding armrest rotting away in Mississippi or Alabama. The back story...the Fordor had spent the 1930's as both the family car and the farm truck. With back seat out, it was stuffed with whatever needed moving, including livestock. With seat back in, it was the family car. Come WWII and it was ineligible for farm truck gas coupons, on the grounds that it wasn't actually a truck, so the body was peeled off and replaced with one from a junked pickup. By the time I got there, only the body, which had been settling into the ground since about 1942, remained on the premises.
I enjoy hearing about the history of these conversions. While they don't hold too much value in the "enthusiast" category, I am still glad I have it. I might just fix a few things on the body (door gaps, interior, etc) and fix everything mechanically so I can drive the heck out of it.
FordToughChevyStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #22
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: 1929 Truck Conversion ~ Updated with Pictures ~

With so many cars missing the original round center bumper clamp, I'm surprized this made over pickup still has it.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)