Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #1
47fordman

Default 47 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe

City: Canton
State: GA
Price: 5000?

Long story short...I inherited this car a few years ago and would like to sell it. I have in mind what I would like to get for it but I have no idea what the market value of it is...anyone care to enlighten me...please.

1947 Ford Coupe Super 8 Deluxe. Painted Delta airlines blue. All fenders are accounted for but the fenders are still prime coat only. Seats are in great condition. Body is in great condition. Original speedo says 68,979 miles.

Here is my story...my grandfather bought the car in 1949 and drove it back and forth to work at Atlanta Hartsfield Airport where he was the night hangar manager. Sometime around 1970 he and his buddy took the car apart and took to the hangar one night where his buddy painted the car in the paint shop at Delta. He took the car home and never got around to putting the car back together. He passed away several years later. My grandmother passed away approx. 5 years ago and my father asked me if I wanted the car. Since then my wife and I have had two children and I am seriously interested in selling the car.

I have a photo album in my profile for more pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1947 Ford Super Super 8 Deluxe.jpg (46.4 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Original Guages.jpg (56.1 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg Original Speedometer 68979 Miles.jpg (63.0 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Dash with Trim.jpg (66.4 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg Front of Car.jpg (48.1 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg Original Flathead V8.jpg (61.5 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg Drivers Side with Front Fender 2.jpg (49.7 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by 47fordman; 01-19-2011 at 09:19 PM.
47fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
Inthegarge

Default Re: 47 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe

Have you tried starting it ?? Do you have the rest of the parts ?? Price will vary a lot depending on several Factors...RW
Inthegarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:33 AM   #3
peewee2you

I believe the speedo is from a different year I'm thinking 46, I am not sure if early 47 had 46 colored gauges, if so then oil, temp, ammeter guage aren't correct, but I am pretty sure the speedo is the incorrect guage. Values vary quite a bit some models wanted more than others, however 47 is a good year and had the bigger flathead.
peewee2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
47fordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee2you View Post
I believe the speedo is from a different year I'm thinking 46, I am not sure if early 47 had 46 colored gauges, if so then oil, temp, ammeter guage aren't correct, but I am pretty sure the speedo is the incorrect guage. Values vary quite a bit some models wanted more than others, however 47 is a good year and had the bigger flathead.
That might be the case. I don't know enough about car to know where one guage is correct or incorrect. I know I found that speedometer in the trunk with all of the other parts and it might not be correct. I wondered since the speedo doesn't match the guages that are still in the vehicle. I think that was an era when parts swapping was a common occurence so you would know better than me I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthegarge View Post
Have you tried starting it ?? Do you have the rest of the parts ?? Price will vary a lot depending on several Factors...RW
I have turned the key that was in the ignition when I inherited the car. It does not start or make any noise when I turn the key. For all I know it could be because the battery is dead. The way you see the car in the photo's is the way I got the car and for all I know is the way the car has been since around 1970 when my grandfather parked it in his garage. I know three of the four tires still hold air and the tires I'm sure are from around the 1970's.
47fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
ford man

i have a 47 and the gauges do not look like mine
ford man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
Gary in La.

The pictures are not real clear but the gauges are correct for '47-'48 and the speedometer is '46 closed Super Deluxe car.
Gary in La. is offline   Reply With Quote