Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-09-2023, 05:28 PM   #81
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: Thinking about selling the '34 Phaeton

That is one fine 34 - glad it is in your stable!
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 06:40 PM   #82
FL&WVMIKE

Very happy with the home the car ended up in! David truly appreciates the car, and I cannot think of a better caretaker!

I hadn't seen some of those pictures before! The car hauler pic is awesome! Hadn't seen the pic of the dealership before, either.

The Black and White pic with the parts on the ground may have been in Michigan. Dad and his friends would hit up all the old Ford dealerships to buy out old stock. There was also a salvage facility near the Charleston, WV area that had massive inventory stored inside that mom/dad had almost sole access to. The owner didn't allow anyone inside to look through it and wasn't 100% sure of what all he had. However, mom was beautiful and charming... and the guy who owned it took a liking to her. lol...

Dad and his buddies set up at a lot of swap meets. The '34 was used as a truck to haul parts. From West Virginia, the antique cars have been as far as Vermont, the Carolinas, Dearborn Michigan, etc. Many multiple times. We'd just bring extra fuel pumps and an extra generator, along with a few tools. Fuel pumps were the most common culprits.

David, thanks for being an amazing caretaker!
Mike Jr
Mike Jr. here. I get on here every few months to check messages, and look through his almost 500 saved messages for information on the '29 and '34 I still have. A lot of very nice people on here. He truly enjoyed Ford Barn.
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 07-10-2023, 07:11 AM   #83
David J

Not the same without "Mikey" in the car with me admiring female scenery but that is how life is.
Missya bud and R.I.P.
"OLE BLUE" missesya 2!!!

ADDING, Never met your mom but knowing "Mikey" I am quite sure she was the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL&WVMIKE View Post
Very happy with the home the car ended up in! David truly appreciates the car, and I cannot think of a better caretaker!

I hadn't seen some of those pictures before! The car hauler pic is awesome! Hadn't seen the pic of the dealership before, either.

The Black and White pic with the parts on the ground may have been in Michigan. Dad and his friends would hit up all the old Ford dealerships to buy out old stock. There was also a salvage facility near the Charleston, WV area that had massive inventory stored inside that mom/dad had almost sole access to. The owner didn't allow anyone inside to look through it and wasn't 100% sure of what all he had. However, mom was beautiful and charming... and the guy who owned it took a liking to her. lol...

Dad and his buddies set up at a lot of swap meets. The '34 was used as a truck to haul parts. From West Virginia, the antique cars have been as far as Vermont, the Carolinas, Dearborn Michigan, etc. Many multiple times. We'd just bring extra fuel pumps and an extra generator, along with a few tools. Fuel pumps were the most common culprits.

David, thanks for being an amazing caretaker!
Mike Jr
David J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 07:29 AM   #84
David J

My favorite "Mikey" pic.
Biketoberfest 2008. Dirty Harrys on Main st, Daytona Beach.
Was not there but that sure is a familiar grin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mikey enjoying the scenery.jpg (423.5 KB, 60 views)
David J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 10:41 AM   #85
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David J View Post
My favorite "Mikey" pic.
Biketoberfest 2008. Dirty Harrys on Main st, Daytona Beach.
Was not there but that sure is a familiar grin.

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote