Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #1
Daemiller

Exclamation Stolen Model T Alert

I would like to alert the Fourm membership that my 1914 Model T Touring was stolen from the lane by the Desoto Bend Inn & Suites in Missouri Valley Iowa early Saturday August 30th 2014. The tow vehicle was found in Omaha Nebraska around 52nd and Underwood. The trailer with my 1914 in it is still missing. The VIN of the model T is 420779. The front de-mountable wheels are unique as they are 3 by 3, tires on the front are the no skid pattern. The 3 year old BrassWorks Radiator is numbered 226600. Please keep an eye out this vehicle has very special meaning to my family. My father in law bought it in 64 my wife was raised with it. We used it in our wedding and received it as our wedding present and we used it in my daughter’s wedding. It may or may not still be in the Omaha area. Please notify the authorities with any information you may have to help in its recovery. Attached are photos of the trailer and the most recent of my model T.

Regards, Dave Miller
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_m_mid_1409409931545_2268191cc02f409561_0.jpg (29.0 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg P8280007.jpg (36.7 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg P8280020.jpg (79.6 KB, 87 views)
Daemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
J Franklin

Default Re: Stolen Model T Alert

If not already done you should post this in the other forums as well as other sites such as Hemmings and the local area Craigslist.
J Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #3
Flathead Dave

Hope that you get it back in good shape. Sorry to hear about this. I hope they catch these clowns real soon.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
DanJohnston

Dave, I'll help pull on the rope if you catch the _ _ _ tard! Bullets are too expensive to waste on something that useless! Good Luck, Dan
DanJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #5
gz

Chances are the thieves were after the enclosed trailer. A friend of mine used to keep his two Model Ts stored in his extra long, three-axle enclosed car trailer which he stored in the fenced in yard at his place of business near Ann Arbor. One morning, he came to work to find the chain link fence cut and the trailer missing. Of course, he notified police immediately and within an hour he received a call that two Model Ts were found on the property of a defunct gas station near down town Detroit. His two Model Ts were recovered-one completely unhurt and the other with a few minor fender bruises probably caused by pushing it out of the trailer. The enclosed trailer and the thieves were never found. Enclosed trailers have a high resale value and are easily resold. A stolen old car, especially something like a Model T, is difficult to sell. I am sure the thieves were hoping to find a trailer full of lawn and gardening equipment, snow mobiles, golf carts, atvs or other easily sold items. I am sure they were disappointed-and scared- to find two old cars, so they abandoned them before they were caught. I certainly hope you will be as lucky. We will all keep our eyes out for the car. Please keep us updated.
gz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:32 PM   #6
Randy in ca

I was thinking along the same lines, as far as the trailer goes. The license plate and Serial numbers for it might be worthwhile posting. Good Luck.
Randy in ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #7
Daemiller

Smile Re: Stolen Model T Alert

Praise the lord this ended on a Happy note. The model T and trailer was recovered about two hours ago in a parking lot around 56th and Sorenson Parkway in Omaha. The Police processed the scene and released the vehicle and it is now home in its rightful spot in its humble garage.

Last edited by Daemiller; 09-01-2014 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Forgot to let you know it was still in the trailer
Daemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:47 PM   #8
my27t

Glad to hear you got it back!!
my27t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #9
mhsprecher

Great you got it back. It is a great looking car, so I can understand why someone would want it (even though it was in an enclosed trailer, LOL)!
mhsprecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:04 PM   #10
TonyM

Great News!!!!Good to know.
Daemiller: Hoping you will continue to visit and post on the FordBarn.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:43 AM   #11
Tom in SW VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemiller View Post
Praise the lord this ended on a Happy note. The model T and trailer was recovered about two hours ago in a parking lot around 56th and Sorenson Parkway in Omaha. The Police processed the scene and released the vehicle and it is now home in its rightful spot in its humble garage.
Praise the Lord!! So glad to hear this!! Hope the thieves are caught!!

Tom in SW VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:30 AM   #12
mshmodela

Oh my, dear Sir, very sorry for your loss. I know your car will be found and returned to you.

Late 31' Ford Model A Tudor, Miss Daisy

I don't work on cars --I'm learning about my Model A.

Cleveland, Ohio
mshmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #13
Mike Vaughn

Very happy that you were able to get your car and trailer back!
Mike Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote