Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
Deuce Coop

Default 1932 door window glass channel

Hello all: I am building a 1932 3 Window Coupe. It was a old late 50's east coast hot rod shell. Does anyone know which direction the metal door glass window channel goes. I have purchase new glass channels and they are marked and label as to which door they go in, but there is no indication as to which way the channel should "point". Should the channel open side be toward the inside or outside. I bought these from Mac's Antique Parts, and their Tech Help is NO help. They are just a parts warehouse/importers. Like everyone else's stuff, it is all made in China, or Argentina. Sad. I will really appreciate all the help I can get.
As a bonus, the car did come with its original dash w/cigar ash tray in the glovebox door. You can contact me at [email protected]. thanks again.
Deuce Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
Krylon32

Default Re: 1932 door window glass channel

The felt U channel goes around the glass so the open u channel goes toward the glass??????
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
Deuce Coop

I mean the metal channel that the glass is set in and is fasten to the window operator. There is a [ shaped that the operator arms lock into. Which way should the [ go, open to the outside or inside. "Inside < ], or [ > outisde". I know where the "fuzzies" go. Always hard to use the correct gargin when it comes to parts names. Thank you for any help tho. Coop
Old 03-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
Krylon32

The little rollers on the end of the arms operate against the smooth side of the lower channel.
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
Deuce Coop

Thank you very much, that's what I really needed to know. Thank you. Coop
Old 03-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
DICK SPADARO

If you look at the window regulator in the installed position you will see the roller ends point out ward. When installing the channels for the glass the "C" shaped tracks under the main channel marry with the rollers, as the rollers face out ward the "C" tracks face inward. The bigger problem is the positioning of the glass in the track. You should carefully look at the old glass you took out to determine the placement of the channels on the glass, to far forward or backward will cause the edge of the channel to rub on the anti rattle felts and cause the window to bind when raising or lowering. If you do not have any old glass, masking tape the felt anti rattles in position on the out side of the door and place the metal channel between them to help determine the position of the track on the glass.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
D-Russ

I'm working on a 31 Vicky and I need the metal glass channels for both door windows and the quarter windows. The door regulators are of the two arm variety and the quarter window regulators are the one arm variety. The channels aren't available for a Model A Vicky, so I'm now looking at reproduction 32 stuff.

Since a 32 three window's doors look about the same length as a 31 Vicky door, do you all think 32 3W metal glass channels would work for my car? What do you recommend for the quarter windows?

Mr. Spadaro, I'd love to get your opinion on this matter.

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
denson1932

1931 Vic door metal glass channel is listed in Mac's catalog B55962 and B55963. For the rear 1/4 windows i suspect the A45963A and B would work.
denson1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
D-Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by denson1932 View Post
1931 Vic door metal glass channel is listed in Mac's catalog B55962 and B55963. For the rear 1/4 windows i suspect the A45963A and B would work.
Thank you. I'll check them out.