Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #21
lschultz

Default Re: Dang, dang, dang,+*^%&$#+@

Well I was going to buy a Model A truck looked at one that was not to bad sure I could of dickered on the price but I got a wild hair up me arse when I saw the Model A car I got now on ebay and it was not to far from me. Had it a while only thing I had to do to it was put a battery in it now one of the rear windows will not roll up (have not got around to fixing it yet, its on the list) but I still think about the Model A truck so I just might see if I can work out a trade if'n I find me one. Should of bought out what I set out to buy the Model A truck.
2009 Softail Custom (sons)
lschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #22
real550A

I pretty much regret selling both my '31 SW fordoor and '29 Tudor (both running) back in the '80's for $2200. for the two. Although it was good money at the time, I'd sure like to have them back. The '31 was my first car at age 12.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #23
ryan1929

My wife of 8 years left me over the car....I DON'T REGRET IT AT ALL.....Now I have more time with my Phaeton and I look forward to picking up my date in my model A....
ryan1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #24
jr-41ford

I regret not buying a Ford Model A, years ago. Just bought my second one, last month.

I have been looking it over, especially the wiring. I didn't get to it in time, but someone did not route the cable from the battery to the starter correctly. While at a stop light the other day, it shorted out and ruined the battery.

What makes this story worse, is that this was not the first time it happened. Some previous owner wrapped electrical tape around the bare spot on the cable, where it shorted out previously.

It now has a new cable, new battery will go in it next week.

Grandkids thought the ride in the tow/roll back truck was really cool.
jr-41ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #25
eagle

About 10 years ago, I stopped at a garage sale because I saw a 29 tudor in the garage. Sure enough, it was for sale. The old gentleman wanted $3500 or best offer. It was an older restoration but was really nice and solid. AT the time, I didn't have two quarters in my pocket to rub together and so I had to go on my way. I have wanted an A since I was 12 so I was sick for years. I have been through that town several times since then and I always turn off the main drag 1 block and drive slowly by the house. Don't really know why but just remembering. It was all black, had very nice original interior and a recently rebuilt engine.....
eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #26
Barry B./ Ma.

The day that I changed the rubber ball wishbone mount and hardware to the steel type on the roadster I was installing a new bolt in the housing and it slipped down under the flywheel. After trying all the retrieval methods I could think of without sucess I pulled the engine and finished the job the same day.
Barry B./ Ma. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #27
[email protected]

Had a couple of occassions when putting the finishing touches on a rebuild engine planning on having it running in minutes. Let me just finish putting another tug on the wrench on the goose neck bolt. Then bang, broken original gooseneck.

Sometimes I need someone to tell me put the wrench down and back away from the car....
modela@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #28
Roadster62

Selling a Cross Flow CRAGAR OHV head, intakes on the left and exhaust on the right. I needed money at the time and got market price for it, but sure would like to have it now.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #29
The Hot Rod Grille

Selling my 68-C Cabriolet to put a down payment on a new house (after my divorce in '94), I hated to do it, but I couldn't live in the Cabriolet! I was able to keep my '30 Coupe that I got in high school because it had a lot more sentimental value to me. I still have it today!

Jim
The Hot Rod Grille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #30
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Had a couple of occassions when putting the finishing touches on a rebuild engine planning on having it running in minutes. Let me just finish putting another tug on the wrench on the goose neck bolt. Then bang, broken original gooseneck.

Sometimes I need someone to tell me put the wrench down and back away from the car....
Yes! "BANG," like my squirrel gun, damned Thick gasket! Three days after torqueing it, checking the oil, warm engine, WATER spewed everywhere, scared the crap out of me! Use ONLY the paper thin gasket! Bill W.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #31
Fred in WV

The day I drilled the holes and installed cowl lights on my early 31 Tudor standard. Everything worked out fine but I wish I had left it stock.
Fred in WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #32
smithj5

Unhappy Re: Dang, dang, dang,+*^%&$#+@

I recently added up the $ I have spent on parts so far on this restoration. I'm making someone a really nice ride. Hope that can afford to keep it on the road.
smithj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #33
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithj5 View Post
I recently added up the $ I have spent on parts so far on this restoration. I'm making someone a really nice ride. Hope that can afford to keep it on the road.
The last time I looked, stuff at Berts / Snyders / Brattons was still cheaper that stuff at Bass Pro Shop or Camping World!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote