Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-01-2024, 01:46 PM   #1
TomT/Williamsburg

Default The All 32 Run Venue

Gentlemen and Ladies
Response has been nearly all positive but there were some negative ones, I am not going to lie. Some people do not like change and in some respects, I am like that myself.

From all of the responses however, there were three things that stood out:
  1. Looking for a change – the old venue was getting stale – something new
  2. wanting something different in the run
  3. wanting it to be more than just a dinner and overnight the night prior, the run the next day, and we go home – some guys come from a distance and doing so for just 1 and a half days wasn’t enough of a draw. Extending it gives folks options and Pete and I know plenty of places to go explore.
Since we are most familiar with Virginia, doing the things we would like to do for the run would be difficult in another state of which we are not so familiar. Here is our proposal targeting those things stated above:
THIS Year’s All 32 Run will:

1. Start the evening before the run on Thursday, June 6th, in the Ashland VA area. We will provide a list of hotels, have dinner together that night, and see some video of one of the places we will visit the following day, an old drag strip in Louisa VA, taken of the presenter’s father
  2. Friday we gather at 8 AM in the Cracker Barrel parking lot, Ashland VA
  3. we head out around 9, traveling he roads used before 1956 when interstates started to pop up, driving on the “main roads” everyone used prior to interstates, a.k.a., the way it used to be
  4. we will have a gas stop as always and several stops including the old drag strip of which we will also have a presenter on site who knows much of the drag strip’s history
  5. there will be 1 or 2 more stops and then we will stop for lunch
  6. now, for those who want to head home after lunch, they can. But, there are some local cruise nights you might like to visit, grab some dinner or ice cream, and stay over for
  7. we will meet at Cracker Barrel again and head out to the Richmond AACA Show where we have special, preferred parking – here’s a link regarding the show:https://richmondcarshow.com/
  8. Again, we can arrange another place for dinner and there are several local cruise nights you can attend afterwards and perhaps we can cruise through several or all of them
  9. on Sunday, a final breakfast together for those that still remain and the trip home.
  10. Yep – you will get some seat time in, that’s for sure!
You can start and stop the run anywhere you like to suit your schedule. Pete and I think we have hit the request for different, longer, and a change of scenery.

We will also be inviting the local Early Ford V8 chapter, the AACA show attendees, and a few special guests that Pete and I will choose. We are still the All 32 Run but one hand washes the other in this world and this is how Pete and I roll.

Let us know what you think - just send me a PM with the title All 32 Run,

Pete and Tom
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 08:29 AM   #2
solidaxle

Default Re: The All 32 Run Venue

Sounds like a fun plan. One question?

Will there be a lot pee stops?
solidaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 11:55 PM   #3
TomT/Williamsburg

Default Re: The All 32 Run Venue

Haha - funny but something to definitely think about, definitely - there will be at least one gas stop and 2-3 stops where you will be able to find a tree to water - lol!
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote