Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
ratamahata

Default 32 pick up bed dimensions?

Hello guys I'm planning to build my own bed for my roadster 32 cowl, I knows the 32 roadster are very rare and have a differences with the roadster coupe cowl, my cowl It's belong to a phaeton car cut... It's any difference with the roadster coupe and the roadster pick up in terms of sub rails, please anyone would bring me the dimensions for a 32 pick up bed, I understand that's the passenger car and the pick up chassis are the same, only don't know if the chassis rails in the rear are flat or have a slow down form like the chassis car, Wouldn't find a pics of a bed mounting....
I've recollected a few pics for the web and The Hamb threads, but no have any results at this moment!!

Thank's Leandro
ratamahata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
Krylon32

Default Re: 32 pick up bed dimensions?

Try Mack Hils in Missouri They manufacture PU beds and they have a dimension chart. I think they have a website with an online catalog that may give what you need
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
DavidG

The '32 passenger car and commercial vehicle chassis frames are identical in all respects, including rearward of the rear axle. Here's a couple of photos of the brackets that attach to the rear of the frame rails to support the bed of a pickup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image Expert Photos 324.jpg (75.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Image Expert Photos 356.jpg (28.7 KB, 24 views)
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
Capn John

Here's the web site. I posted a number of roadster pickup photos a few weeks ago. Search for them in the "Search" section

http://www.mackhils.com/products/

http://bedwoodandparts.com/i-2895139...-b-pickup.html

http://macsautoparts.com/early-ford-.../266/start/96/

http://macsautoparts.com/early-ford-...R3CHL1094961E/

1932 Ford Body Parts Price List: V-8 and 4-cylinder"
This is a reproduction of the book that was originally used in the dealer's parts department so that customers could order parts. You will find the original part numbers given in a detailed and exhaustive listing for both model years. Use this book to make your search for parts both quicker and easier. Find out if the parts you are buying are original and complete. This book covers the all passenger bodies for the Tudor Sedan, Roadster, Coupe, Fordor Sedan, Phaeton, Cabriolet, Victoria with all the options packages available; as well as the commercial body listings for the bus, cab, Express, Pickup, Platform and Stake. You get the '32 parts listings in 132 pages, with some pictures. New condition. Buy now for a genuine body parts list from Ford."

Last edited by Capn John; 07-03-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Capn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
itslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratamahata View Post
I knows the 32 roadster are very rare and have a differences with the roadster coupe cowl, my cowl It's belong to a phaeton car cut...
Do you have the commercial open cab cowl, or a cowl that was cut off from a phaeton? They are two totally distinct designs and not comparable. The phaeton cowl is the same as a passenger roadster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratamahata View Post
...It's any difference with the roadster coupe and the roadster pick up in terms of sub rails...
The subrails are completely different between the various passenger cars and the pickups. The commerical open (roadster) cab does share the same subrails as the closed cab, however, so if you're trying to replicate an open cab pickup starting with only the cowl, that does help.

The "Ford Pickups 1932-1952" booklet is rather worthless when it comes to open cab specific information. It is semi-useful when it comes to other commercial-related information.

Wanted:
- '32-34 Open Cab Pickup (RPU) parts and documents/articles/info
- ARDUN parts
itslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
ratamahata

Quote:
Originally Posted by itslow View Post
Do you have the commercial open cab cowl, or a cowl that was cut off from a phaeton? They are two totally distinct designs and not comparable. The phaeton cowl is the same as a passenger roadster.

The subrails are completely different between the various passenger cars and the pickups. The commerical open (roadster) cab does share the same subrails as the closed cab, however, so if you're trying to replicate an open cab pickup starting with only the cowl, that does help.

The "Ford Pickups 1932-1952" booklet is rather worthless when it comes to open cab specific information. It is semi-useful when it comes to other commercial-related information.
Yes I have a phaeton cut car, the cowl, the doors and the part of the cab which supports the seat, I planning to build the pick up cab with the cowl and the doors only, making the seat back and the pick up box...
Old 07-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #7
ratamahata

Anyone please would help me?