Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-27-2024, 08:39 AM   #41
GLAmes

Default Re: fordomatic fluid

It isn't 1966 anymore. I note you don't have anything argumentative to say about extended oil drains.

To your question about Prestone, I doubt any anti-freeze will give a warranty any better than this. I'm ALSO wondering how many of the vintage cars on this forum are still under DRIVE-TRAIN WARRANTY.

Prestone® MAX All Vehicles
Antifreeze + Coolant
P/N: AF2800 & AF2850
Prestone® MAX antifreeze + coolant is GUARANTEED to provide MAXIMUM ENGINE PROTECTION in all Vehicle Makes, Models & Years.

Because Prestone’s patented, advanced formula:

Provides Extreme Temperature Protection from the worst of winter deep freezes and scorching summer heat.
Delivers Industry Leading Protection from engine damaging rust, corrosion & buildup. Use of ordinary antifreeze + coolant can lead to a rusted cooling system and expensive repairs. Prestone MAX stops the formation of rust & corrosion keeping your cooling system pristine clean for better engine performance and longer engine life.
Is Guaranteed for the Life of Your Vehicle: 15+ years and/or 350,000 miles.
Prestone MAX will work in your vehicle:

It’s guaranteed to work in All Vehicle Makes, Models & Years with Gas or Diesel engines.
It mixes and works with all antifreeze + coolant colors and formulations including OAT, POAT, HOAT & IAT; G05®, G11®, G12®, G12++®, G13®, G30®, G40®, & GG40®.
And it will not void a vehicle warranty.
Info Sheet

*Fluid guaranteed for the life of your vehicle: This product is guaranteed for 15+ years/up to 350,000 miles of vehicle life under normal driving conditions when a complete cooling system flush and fill is performed, and proper cooling system maintenance is followed. Always follow vehicle owner’s manual for top off requirements, change intervals and specified maintenance.
**Based on US DOT national avg. miles driven in 2019. The average number of miles driven in 2019 was 14,664 miles. 350,000 miles/14,664 miles per year = 23.9 years. Prestone.com or 1-888-269-0750 for all guarantee requirements and limitations

†Against engine-damaging rust and corrosion vs. the top Branded All Vehicle and Vehicle Specific Antifreeze + Coolants sold in the US (assumes retail unit sales from September 2020 to August 2021 per NPD tracking data).
Old 04-27-2024, 08:59 AM   #42
GLAmes

Forgot to add. In 1966 I was on my way to Viet Nam as a professional helicopter tech. I probably had synthetic oil on my hands before you knew it existed.
Old 04-27-2024, 11:08 AM   #43
KULTULZ

I fail to see exactly where PRESTONE shows how to file a claim.

MADISON AVENUE ADVERTISING doesn't get it. You still believe in SANTY CLAUS too?

I BEGAN in a dealer in 1966. I've kept current. Yourself?

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 11:35 AM   #44
KULTULZ

Talking Re: fordomatic fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAmes View Post

Forgot to add.
That's OK. You seem to make continual consecutive posts like this. PTSD?

Quote:
In 1966 I was on my way to Viet Nam as a professional helicopter tech. I probably had synthetic oil on my hands before you knew it existed.
DAMN!

A PROFESSIONAL!?!

Were you a PROFESSIONAL before or after getting drafted? They saw you coming didn't they?

OH! That's VIETNAM unless you have a drawl.

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
Old 04-27-2024, 01:56 PM   #45
GLAmes

I expect there isn't any published procedure to file a claim against Motorcraft or ACDelco either. If there is I'm sure you have it on file.

I began before mechanics were called techs. Just the same as you, I was paid for my work. That made me a professional. Mechanics became techs about the same time garbage collectors became sanitation engineers. I wasn't drafted either. There is a segment of the population who voluntarily serve their country. My sons did and my grandson is currently on active duty. Oh ya, they saw me coming. I now collect a retirement check that more than pays the bills and have free medical and prescriptions for life, as does my wife. Those wings that are shown on my avatar are Army Master Aviator wings, the culmination of transitioning from "tech" to helicopter maintenance test pilot. I not only supervised the mechanics who serviced the aircraft, I test flew them to make sure the work was done correctly.

I'm sure sorry I didn't spell Vietnam correctly. Can't blame it on PTSD. I don't have CDO to blame my faults on, so I guess I'll just have to plead ignorance.
Old 04-27-2024, 02:09 PM   #46
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: fordomatic fluid

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
And my hat is off to you...

Watch out for sun glare ...
Old 04-27-2024, 03:23 PM   #47
Gene F

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAmes View Post
19 pints is 9 1/2 qts.

For the OP, I found Type A at NAPA. That is the flavor of ATF called for in the service manual. I started out with a full case. Because I also used some in the power steering and some was lost I can't tell you how many qts it took to fill my transmission. I kept adding a bit at a time after the initial 8 qts until it was at the proper level.
When was this? Wish I could find Type-A, their warehouse, or otherwise.
Gene F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 04:32 PM   #48
GLAmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene F View Post
When was this? Wish I could find Type-A, their warehouse, or otherwise.
That was three years ago. Now you can find it at O'Reilly.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c...1-quart/pgd0/a
Old 04-27-2024, 04:58 PM   #49
Merc Cruzer

GLAmes,

Thanks for the update. I honestly haven't checked availability lately, since I serviced the trans, it has been working perfectly and I haven't had to add any fluid. Glad I bought a few extra.

Three year, how time flys.
Merc Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 06:10 PM   #50
KULTULZ

Exclamation Re: fordomatic fluid

You guys are still going by LUBRICATION GUIDES from the 1950's?

TYPE A was superseded in 1959. What you are buying marked as TYPE A now is not what you think it is.

OK ...

I have finally had enough. Stick a fork in me ...