Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
t-head

Default Model A Clutche and Tranmission Used on Fronty Ford Racing Cars in 1929

We have started to reproduce the Fronty Ford catalog from 1929 that you are sure to find interesting on The Old Motor.
t-head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
LukeDahlinger
BANNED

Default Re: Model A Clutche and Tranmission Used on Fronty Ford Racing Cars in 1929

Why don't you share some of your machine shop knowledge instead of constantly pushing your website here?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
t-head

Default Re: Model A Clutche and Tranmission Used on Fronty Ford Racing Cars in 1929

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeDahlinger View Post
Why don't you share some of your machine shop knowledge instead of constantly pushing your website here?
Luke, As I have mentioned to you before, The Old Motor is a non-profit that I am trying to build up to the point were it can be used for fund raising, first for McPherson College and then other good causes dealing with educating youth about working on old cars (our future). We are TRYING TO GIVE BACK and this website is costing thousands of dollars and hours a year to run.....There is no profit involved.

The last time you brought this up, almost everyone thought our posts would be OK as long as we did not put a hyper-link in the text to our website. We have done that but we do have a link in our signature just as you do for your website and many others here do.

We are trying to do this by sharing our materials with everyone. We do not work on Models A Fords in the shop very often so we do not want to risk of offending anyone by posting non Model A related posts here.

Would the other Ford barn members please let us know if you like our posts? Or if our posts are offensive to you?

Best Regards to all,

David Greenlees
Old 03-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
JoeWay

David,

Keep posting. All of your posts that I've seen are on topic and interesting. I have enjoyed the photos and have no problem with your identifying your site in your signature--I do the same.

Joe
JoeWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
Tarheel

I enjoy your post and your website--what I do not enjoy is self appointed web "police", especially when they have a link to their own blogsite.
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
HoarseWhisperer

I find the posts and photos interesting and non-intrusive.

No issues here.
HoarseWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
Russ/40

David, your posts are in the best of taste, and very interesting contributions to the joy we share in the old car hobby. Keep it up.
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
t-head

Hey guys....Thanks for letting me know you thoughts on this issue. Let's see if anyone else has something else to say??
Old 03-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
Colorado Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ/40 View Post
david, your posts are in the best of taste, and very interesting contributions to the joy we share in the old car hobby. Keep it up.
ditto
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
newshirt

Website promotion without regular participation sometimes comes across as spam. Sometimes... not always... That's a fact that advertisers have to live with.

Fortunately, there is a simple solution. Participate in other ways. Post your thoughts on other topics. Be a part of other conversations. For instance, post machine shop solutions to questions that arise on the board, as Luke suggested. That removes any suspicion of alterior motives.

Personally, I like the Old Motor. I put a link on my desktop so I can look at it every day.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
N ReedBen

I find your posts very interesting and informative. Keep on keeping on.

N. Reed
Old 03-22-2012, 05:17 AM   #12
B-nut

David, Don't stop! Pay no heed to the critics. Your posts are pithy. The most unusual information and pictures are the ones you come up with. If I see a t-head posting I automatically click on it. Your stuff is the best! We should all be able to enjoy it . Keep up the good work. Thanks.
B-nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #13
t-head

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-nut View Post
David, Don't stop! Pay no heed to the critics. Your posts are pithy. The most unusual information and pictures are the ones you come up with. If I see a t-head posting I automatically click on it. Your stuff is the best! We should all be able to enjoy it . Keep up the good work. Thanks.
B-nut and all who have posted....Thanks for your support, we will keep posting here when we fine something of interest for all of you.

In the meantime if you have photos which will fit in on The Old Motor please keep us in mind.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
Droobie

T-head I actually look forward to new posts from you. I love the site as well. Keep up the good work!!!
Droobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #15
Richard in NC

I love The Old Motor .com I can't imagine any gearhead that would be critical of it. Some people are just always in a bad mood or fussing at others because they are loosing their grip.
Richard in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
Richard in NC

Thats right Droobie. (Me and Droobie only live 5 miles apart and we both drive black A model tudor cars.)
Richard in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
Rich in Tucson

David, please keep them coming!
Rich in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #18
RcT

I enjoy anything to do with old cars. You have access to a multitude of pictures and I enjoy them. No need here to attack anyone; we all have a common interest.
RcT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #19
Roadster62

Anyone that wishes to bitch and complain about The Old Motor website needs their head examined or find another hobby. Every time you post something here David it is Ford related, if that opens the door to better cars in the hobby so be it. Bob Swanson
Old 03-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #20
LukeDahlinger
BANNED

I'm not bitching about anything nor am I attacking anyone. Secondly I don't see how posting photos of a car in daily use from back in the day is going to produce better cars in the hobby today.

I was merely suggesting some machine work pointers and contributing more to the forum than just coming here to post pics in effort to draw visitors to his site and never adding anything else but for his own personal gain regardless if the site is "non profit" or not does strike me odd.

And to the prior poster who commented on my blog address in my signature. That blog has been inactive since last June with no plans to do much with it in the future. That being said I don't post here for the sole reason of getting traffic to my site.

No where did I attack anyone. I was merely suggesting contributing more to the forum instead of just dropping a pic here now and then and disappearing until the next photo gets posted. This is one drawback of the internet- no way to convey vocal tones and someone always gets their knickers in a wad.