Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
FL&WVMIKE

Default National News Comes Out Against 15 Ethonal

Major car companies say 15% Ethonal will void the warrenty of your pre 2012 automobile.
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2000862202001/
MIKE
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #2
Mike51Merc

Default Re: National News Comes Out Against 15 Ethonal

The simple answer is to look at the pump. If it says E15 don't use it unless your NEW car manufacturer has approved it.

Foxbusiness has people believing that the EPA is forcing people to use it and it will mess up your car. It's hype.
Mike51Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
Cecil/WV

There's a Liberty station in Winchester, Va with pure gas. Same price as all others in area.
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
ford38v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike51Merc View Post
The simple answer is to look at the pump. If it says E15 don't use it unless your NEW car manufacturer has approved it.

Foxbusiness has people believing that the EPA is forcing people to use it and it will mess up your car. It's hype.
Hype? It's your hype that sounds corny to me. Look at the pump? Sure. You corn salesmen know that half the public doesn't know how to look at the pump.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #5
Rowdy
BANNED

I have not yet seen any E-15 being sold here in the middle of cornland. E-10 which I have been using in my modern pickup for years and Premium with no Ethenol, same that has been sold for the last 20 years. Rod
Old 01-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
Mike51Merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
Hype? It's your hype that sounds corny to me. Look at the pump? Sure. You corn salesmen know that half the public doesn't know how to look at the pump.
How about you have a look at the FOX video where the E15 is CLEARLY marked at the pump. Also note the way the story is presented as if the EPA is fooling people into ruining their cars. I call BS.

Who you callin' a corn salesman?
Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
FL&WVMIKE

Quote:
How about you have a look at the FOX video where the E15 is CLEARLY marked at the pump. Also note the way the story is presented as if the EPA is fooling people into ruining their cars. I call BS.

Who you callin' a corn salesman?
Do you think that Fox News made up that list of auto companies, that said that 85% fuel would void their warranty ?
MIKE
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #8
V12Bill

We've known for years that corn juice eats up metal and fiber components of the fuel system. We've known for years that it gives less mpg. We've known for years that corn juice in the gas tank instead of corn for cattle feed raises the cost of meat at the grocery store. We've known for years that tree huggers and the EPA can't see any further than the end of their noses. When do we get smart and say NO MORE!
V12Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
Tarheel

Actually for the person that thinks Fox News is "hyping" the story, I first heard about this from AAA.

http://newsroom.aaa.com/2012/12/susp...-e15-gasoline/
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
Mike51Merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL&WVMIKE View Post
Do you think that Fox News made up that list of auto companies, that said that 85% fuel would void their warranty ?
MIKE
Nope. Not at all. You aren't supposed to use E15 unless your manufacturer has approved it for your vehicle. Same with E85, etc.

The part that's "made up" is that you're being fooled into using it.

Look at the pump in the video. Do you find it confusing?
Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
Fibber Mcgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Bill View Post
We've known for years that corn juice eats up metal and fiber components of the fuel system. We've known for years that it gives less mpg. We've known for years that corn juice in the gas tank instead of corn for cattle feed raises the cost of meat at the grocery store. We've known for years that tree huggers and the EPA can't see any further than the end of their noses. When do we get smart and say NO MORE!
Amen
Old 01-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #12
46woodie

Mike,some of these people can't even write how do you expect them to read?? Been using gas/ethanol in mower,bike,snowblower,3 cars for years.No problems.
46woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #13
ford38v8

Quote:
Nope. Not at all. You aren't supposed to use E15 unless your manufacturer has approved it for your vehicle. Same with E85, etc.

The part that's "made up" is that you're being fooled into using it.

Look at the pump in the video. Do you find it confusing?
No, Mike, it's not confusing. I'ts For Sale, it's cheaper per gallon, and it'll sell.
What is confusing is why you seem to have the attitude that all is well in the marketplace, and damage done to property, the economy, and the environment are the fault of consumers and not the Corn Lobby.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #14
Fibber Mcgee

I'm not going to get into the political side of this because it has no place here ,all it does is cause people to insult each other (and nothing makes your point better than calling someone else stupid).I think it is obvious there are no advantages to running ethanol in our flatheads(it certainly doesn't help fuel mileage) and I have seen problems with rubber hoses and ethanol. The question is what do we do about it? In twenty years will we even have a suitable fuel to run our cars? I personally don't want to just look at my car I WANT TO DRIVE IT.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #15
1952henry

Ethanol is cheaper because, like wind power, it is being subsidized by the taxpayer. And one other thing, using corn for ethanol doesn't mean there is less for cattle feed, it doesn't just disappear. The corn mash, after fermentation has taken place, is sold for cattle feed. It is highly nutritious, and since the enzymes have broken it down, is more easily digested by the cattle. How do I know this? I hauled distiller's mash to cattle ranches, and have cattle producer friends who use it. Trucks come from many miles away and often have to wait for awhile if the pad is empty.

Last edited by 1952henry; 01-07-2013 at 08:09 AM.
1952henry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #16
jimTN

I am sure a lot of "low information" voters will use it and like small engines, mess their automobiles up. Yes, its a scam by the government to use our tax money to promote nonsense.
jimTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #17
Mike51Merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
No, Mike, it's not confusing. I'ts For Sale, it's cheaper per gallon, and it'll sell.
What is confusing is why you seem to have the attitude that all is well in the marketplace, and damage done to property, the economy, and the environment are the fault of consumers and not the Corn Lobby.
Actually my personal "politics" are just the opposite. I just don't believe that E15 is a government conspiracy perpetrated by the EPA to sabotage new car warrantys.

I also don't believe that E15 at the pump is any different or somehow more confusing than having E85 (or diesel for that matter) at the pump.