Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-11-2016, 06:37 PM   #1
A-Man

Default Turn/Tail/Stop Lights

I have installed a set of United Pacific turn signals, on my 1930 Ford Model A Deluxe Coupe. The front light units are wire for turn signals, whereas the rear light units are wired for turn/tail/stop lights. In wiring in this set of turn signals, I disconnected the Model A rear light that is mounted on the left rear fender.

I am now considering wiring the Model A rear light back into the system, so that I can utilize license plate light when the tail light is on.

Is this possible? If so, how do you wire the Model A rear light so that it does not operate when the turn signals are activated?

I am attaching a wiring diagram to illustrate how I now have it wired. The add-on lights are functioning as they should be. The attachment (FORD Model A Wiring Diagram with original rear Model A Stop and Tail Light unit AND with set of lights added for turn signals on front and rear, and added for stop and tail lights on rear) is NOT complete, since I am not quite sure how to wire the “existing stop and tail light on the left rear fender” into the system. How is this to be wired?
A-Man is offline   Reply With Quote