Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Clarification on Radiator Mounting Assemblies...

Several questions:

In reading the new MARC/MAFCA Restoration Guidelines and Judging Standards concerning "Radiator Mounting", Area 3, page 3-3 Revised 2011, I have several questions which I need clarified.

1. Were the "steel shims" used with the 30-31 radiator to chassis assemblies or was it just the rubber pads?

2. The standards say "two steel shims (each side) measuring 1-3/4" x 1-1/2" x 3/16" thick were used...". Is that saying that the combination of the two shims measured 1-3/4' x 1-1/2" x 3/16" or was it each shim was 1-3/4' x 1-1/2" x 3/16"? I am thinking it is the combination but not sure.

3. What was the proper "assembly" concerning the steel shims and rubber pads when using the 1929 radiators with the "new" 1930 front crossmember? A. Radiator mounting flange, rubber pad, shims, radiator mounting pad on front crossmember; B. Radiator mounting flange, shims, rubber pad, radiator mounting pad on front crossmember; or were they C. Radiator mounting flange, shims, radiator mounting pad on front crossmember.

Thanks.

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: Clarification on Radiator Mounting Assemblies...

bttt
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:44 AM   #3
Marco Tahtaras

Default Re: Clarification on Radiator Mounting Assemblies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Plucker View Post
Several questions:

In reading the new MARC/MAFCA Restoration Guidelines and Judging Standards concerning "Radiator Mounting", Area 3, page 3-3 Revised 2011, I have several questions which I need clarified.

1. Were the "steel shims" used with the 30-31 radiator to chassis assemblies or was it just the rubber pads?

2. The standards say "two steel shims (each side) measuring 1-3/4" x 1-1/2" x 3/16" thick were used...". Is that saying that the combination of the two shims measured 1-3/4' x 1-1/2" x 3/16" or was it each shim was 1-3/4' x 1-1/2" x 3/16"? I am thinking it is the combination but not sure.

3. What was the proper "assembly" concerning the steel shims and rubber pads when using the 1929 radiators with the "new" 1930 front crossmember? A. Radiator mounting flange, rubber pad, shims, radiator mounting pad on front crossmember; B. Radiator mounting flange, shims, rubber pad, radiator mounting pad on front crossmember; or were they C. Radiator mounting flange, shims, radiator mounting pad on front crossmember.

Thanks.

Pluck
If you complete the quote in #2 I suspect several folks will sufficiently answer both #1 & #2. As for #3, A & B contain two pads per side which the standards make no mention or suggestion of that I can see. "C" has the correct components but in reverse order, so the answer is "D"!