Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
mercman from oz

Default Adding Photos to Post explained

If you are experiencing problems adding photos to your Post, don't feel discouraged, as I was in that group until recently. Here is what I found.
Originally, when I tried to add Photos from my File, it always failed, as they were too large, & I don't know how to make them smaller.
However, I overcame that problem by firstly preparing an email of the required photo or photos.
When I click onto a photo or photos to send by email, it gives me a choice of Five different sizes, Smaller - 640 x 480, Small - 800 x 600, Medium - 1224 x 768, Large - 1280 x 1024, & Original Size.
Out of that selection, I have found that Medium works well, so I click Medium, and the little Icons for the selected photos appear on the unsent email. I don't need to send this email, as I now have what I was wanting.
I then shrink this email & Drag these little Icons onto my Computer Screen.
Now, I am ready to add a Post including a Photo.
Open up Ford Barn & click onto New Thread or Post Reply & a little Box will appear. Before adding my Message, scroll down further & click onto "Manage Attachments" in the "Attach Files Section" & a little box will appear.
Shrink what you are working on so that you can see the little Icons that you added to you Screen earlier. Drag these Icons from your Screen to this little Box. You can add up to 7 photos.
After the photos have been dragged across, hit "Upload".
You will then see these little Photo Icons in the Attached Files Box.
Type in your message & when done, hit "Review Post", just to make sure that your message & Photo Selection is whet you want, & if all is correct, hit "Submit Reply" & you are done.
There may be simpler ways to add photos, but this works for me.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote