Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #21
BUBBAS IGNITION

Default Re: Who all going to Aurburn National Meet?

I am planning on driving up and setting up with the swap meet ........Any body with some odd off beat requests let me know ignition wise........
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #22
JM 35 Sedan

Any parts for Harman & Collins dual point, dual coil distributors? Points, condensers, rotors, caps, etc.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #23
Wltr_Mitty

I'll be driving my '36. Heck, St. George was just a shake down cruise!

There will be quite a few of us in attendance from the Hi-Country Regional Group to celebrate the 75th Anniversary.
Wltr_Mitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:53 PM   #24
ken ct
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Coupe View Post
I would like to take my 37 to at least one national meet someday and Auburn would be the closest to me unless another was held in Ohio which is doubtfull I guess. But I do have a question, not withstanding the drive how do you guys cope with the weather extremes anymore? I would think the best scenario would be an enclosed trailer to at least to be able to put it away at a meet especially at night. The reason I ask is the storms and hail that we have had lately,frequently and larger then I have ever seen. Do you not worry about it? Leave it to insurance? Myself I would be sick and no amount of insurance could replace but that was not always the case, cars are more valuable today and sentimental value can not be replaced. I can see if you had a collection of cars no big deal,what is one but what about the guys who have just one special car, do you leave it out night after night at a national and not worry about it,weather or thieves? We use to take off to Dearborn at every big meet they had at the Hyatt since 1973 and other nationals like Valley Forge and Atlanta in 1977,but last couple times at Hyatt was scary. Another problem these days is Ebay has shown the world what car parts can bring I imagine a set of Spyders to a thief might look pretty inviting as copper plumbing. I wouldn't mind driving my 37 to Auburn as much as leaving it out, can't be that much security at every motel, I think we got the last room at V8 rates and it is a drive to everything else from Hampton,looks like ,never been to Auburn before. What I really wish was someone around here had a rig to rent.
Give you a tip, The swap meet vendors who vend and sleep in their motor homes are a sort of security as they sleep very lightlyand kind of oversee the swap meet at nite. They usually have thousands of $$ worth of parts on their outside tables at nite.They are very intune to strange noises out there at nite. I would park a car right in with the vendors and as close to a vendor as possible that is in a MH. Only my opinion ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #25
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wltr_Mitty View Post
I'll be driving my '36. Heck, St. George was just a shake down cruise!

There will be quite a few of us in attendance from the Hi-Country Regional Group to celebrate the 75th Anniversary.
A couple of us will be coming out from "Kaleeefornia". Looking forward to seeing old V-8 friends. Auburn is such a great place to have a meet. Wltr, see you around all those 35's and 36's. Maybe we'll see you along the way if you are going out Hwy 80.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #26
BUBBAS IGNITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Any parts for Harman & Collins dual point, dual coil distributors? Points, condensers, rotors, caps, etc.
No Harmon Collins parts here......
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #27
Royal Ryser

I plan to be there and hope to meet some of you guys who post a lot.
Royal Ryser
Royal Ryser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #28
quickchange

So what are the dates please , As heading over 6th Aug, Love to attend if we can fit it in, Derek chilly nz
quickchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #29
Django

Last week of August
Old 07-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #30
quickchange

Thanks . DARN leaving on the 22nd , Still looking for a Bed At Bonniville, Our $$$$ keeps rising against the US might have to buy me a V8 again soon , but at $9 a gallon maybe not.
quickchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #31
joel

I'm planing on coming along with V8bob.
joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #32
Lawson Cox

I was planning on making it, then on to the archives, but for some reason I have developed severe and unrelenting neck pain. CT scan shows three discs severely degenerated and unless I can get over this very quickly there is no way I can make it. Just damn.
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #33
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

Sorry to hear that . maby by then you will fell better,hope so. It nice to see everybody.
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #34
Marcus

Smile Re: Who all going to Aurburn National Meet?

Redneck - Plans NOW are to attend - my Registration Number is 6, so THAT will tell you how long ago I started planning!! Looking forward to seeing everyone, and making some new friends. I'll trailer the '47 PU (4:11 gears), but the EV8 Planners have made special arrangements for parking of trailers......Reservtions this year are in the Holiday Inn Express: right smack dab in the middle of all the hotels......probably have more security there than a Southern Cockfight.......GRIN!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #35
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickchange View Post
Thanks . DARN leaving on the 22nd , Still looking for a Bed At Bonniville, Our $$$$ keeps rising against the US might have to buy me a V8 again soon , but at $9 a gallon maybe not.
Quickchange, what about renting a motorhome somewhere in Utah, drive it to B'viile and sleep in that somewhere near the salt. Might be some high $$$'s but also might be your best bet for a place to bed down near all the action .

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 07-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #36
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

Our number is 64 so I guess we did as we should. I look forward in going and meet all you. Do try and come and meet all the fellows that make this a great event.I always have a great time as I know you will. The campground is close and plenty of rooms to rent at a fair price.Just a bunch of old boys enjoying each other company talking flatheads and finding a few parts that we need.Looking fordward to seeing all you.Pat and his pretty wife will be there and will help you with all your needs.They have worked hard to make this a nice time that your family can enjoy.The food is great and the last time we were there we all had a good time watching pat push his Forty around the parking lot.Then came Ken with his 50 Crestliner on a rollback fukk of Vaporlock.Most all of us had had a dose of that Vaporlock.Like to hear all your stories on traveling to the National meet.That why I trailer my Junker.I have 3AA's good for 200 miles so I will drive up to that but if farther I have a trailer queen.
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #37
JM 35 Sedan

Ken, thanks to Pat, I got registered early thru the mail. My number is 35 which is quite appropriate for me and my car. One thing I would like to mention about AAA coverage that I found out on my way to Saratoga Springs. I had a hydraulic brake line failure on my tow rig vehicle near Hazelton, PA on I81. A real scary situation to say the least. This was my first 'opportunity' to use our AAA Plus coverage. To my surprise this coverage only covered towing my tow vehicle up to 100 miles and I would have to unhook my trailer loaded with my '35 sedan and leave that sit on the side of the road. AAA said if I had the RV Rider that would have covered towing my truck, trailer and '35 Ford up to 100 miles. I could have signed up for the extra coverage during that call BUT it would take seven days to go into effect!! Long story short....make sure you have proper AAA coverage before you leave home. What I wound up doing was getting my truck rollbacked to a garage in Binghamton, NY to have repaired. A V8er friend from Binghamton came down to Hazelton with his truck, hooked up to my trailer, and off to Saratoga Springs we went to attend the EFV-8C/A ENM.

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 07-28-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #38
draddog68

Our 36 is not going to be finished. That is the car we really wanted to take, so I guess it will be Dad and the Wife in a modern ride. See you all there!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #39
Django

Our cabriolet won't be finished either but we're still going to bring it on the trailer.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #40
Kens 36

Chad,

Will you be bringing your posters to sell? There should be some interest with all the '36s there.

Ken