Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-16-2015, 12:42 AM   #21
Fred A

Default Drake Marked Boards

Went out and took another look at my Drake boards and found the large Drake logo on the braces to be as excessive as ever. The tops look great in every sense, but as was explained by a Drake insider that the issue is vanity or another opinion was pride in the product. Keeping my nice straight original boards just in case. Unfortunately the covers don't age too well as mine have rotted in the past where there is too much sun. Good Luck: Fred A
Fred A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #22
39topless

Default Re: Drake Marked Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred A View Post
Went out and took another look at my Drake boards and found the large Drake logo on the braces to be as excessive as ever. The tops look great in every sense, but as was explained by a Drake insider that the issue is vanity or another opinion was pride in the product. Keeping my nice straight original boards just in case. Unfortunately the covers don't age too well as mine have rotted in the past where there is too much sun. Good Luck: Fred A
Thanks for the reply. I don't show my car or anything so I guess what's hidden underneath doesn't bother me too much. I wish I had the original boards, like you do. These Drake ones look really nice so hope they hold up.
Thanks again,
Phil
39topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-16-2015, 05:48 PM   #23
39topless

Default Re: Drake Marked Boards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred A View Post
Mr Fred,
I just took a look at my new Drake running boards (for my '39) and I do not see any logos etc on the underneath. Maybe Bob has re-thought the branding scheme since you got yours.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:13 PM   #24
George/Maine

Default Re: Running boards: 2 questions

I just got my 39 standard running boards yesterday they look very nice was inspected 8/14 and no other marks. They were bought from Drake.
George/Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #25
39topless

Default Re: Running boards: 2 questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by George/Maine View Post
I just got my 39 standard running boards yesterday they look very nice was inspected 8/14 and no other marks. They were bought from Drake.
Wow, my boards (dlux) do not have any other marks underneath other than the inspection sticker as well and they were inspected on the same exact day as yours.