Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-13-2011, 02:02 AM   #1
PHILLIPK

Default Wtb 1947 ford convertible

City: BILLINGS
State: MONTANA
Price: NEGOGTIATE

WOULD LIKE TO BUY A NICE DRIVER, RUST FREE (NO PROJECTS PLEASE) 1947 FORD COVERTIBLE COUPE. WOULD PREFER THE CAR HAS A 47-53 FORD OR MERC FLATHEAD V8 ENGINE, DECENT PAINT & STAINLESS TRIM AND A DECENT INTERIOR. POWER TOP PREFERED. WOULD CERTAINLY CONSIDER PAYING AN APPROPRIATE FINDERS FEE. NO HURRY BUT WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A CAR IN TIME FOR THE SPRING THAW HERE IN MONTANA.
WILL PICK UP VEHICLE OR ARRANGE FOR SHIPPING. THIS CAR WILL BE MY BABY AND WILL BE PROPERLY MAINTIANED AND DRIVEN AS IT SHOULD BE. ON THE EVENT OF MY EVENTUAL DEMISE, THE CAR WILL BE PASSED DOWN TO MY SON. PLEASE REPLY AND I WILL PROVIDE TEL# AND E-MAIL FOR COMUNICATING WITH EACH OTHER.

Last edited by PHILLIPK; 12-13-2011 at 02:11 AM. Reason: PROVIDE CONTACT INFO
PHILLIPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
PHILLIPK

Default Re: Wtb 1947 ford convertible

Where are you Santa?
PHILLIPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
Rich Overton

I don't have a Ford but I do have my 1948 Merc conv. for sale. It's real nice, a low 2 or very high 3. You can check it our on ebay or on Classy cars. You don't mention your budget. That would probably help in getting some feed back.
Rich O.
Rich Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
Rich Overton

Whoops, sorry phillipk meant "classy auto," not classy cars.
rich O.
Rich Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
fordyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLIPK View Post
WOULD LIKE TO BUY A NICE DRIVER, RUST FREE (NO PROJECTS PLEASE) 1947 FORD COVERTIBLE COUPE. WOULD PREFER THE CAR HAS A 47-53 FORD OR MERC FLATHEAD V8 ENGINE, DECENT PAINT & STAINLESS TRIM AND A DECENT INTERIOR. POWER TOP PREFERED. WOULD CERTAINLY CONSIDER PAYING AN APPROPRIATE FINDERS FEE. NO HURRY BUT WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A CAR IN TIME FOR THE SPRING THAW HERE IN MONTANA.
WILL PICK UP VEHICLE OR ARRANGE FOR SHIPPING. THIS CAR WILL BE MY BABY AND WILL BE PROPERLY MAINTIANED AND DRIVEN AS IT SHOULD BE. ON THE EVENT OF MY EVENTUAL DEMISE, THE CAR WILL BE PASSED DOWN TO MY SON. PLEASE REPLY AND I WILL PROVIDE TEL# AND E-MAIL FOR COMUNICATING WITH EACH OTHER.
I have a nice conv. for sale on my website....www.randyhallmanspecialtycars.com
if you are interested.
Thank you,
Randy
fordyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
239al

I'll have my 1947 Ford convertible for sale in late January. I've had it since 1973. Title numbers match frame numbers - very important.

It recently went through a 100% rebuild: engine, transmission, Columbia rear end, suspension, brakes, fuel system, wiring, top mechanism (now works like a charm). I feel it is 100% dependable now.

The car has a good 1973 paint job. Chrome bumpers done some years ago, good stainless steel trim, nice interior with woodgrained dash. It is scheduled to get a new top in January.

The car is a great driver (recent addition of Columbia overdrive sure helps) and with new paint it would be ready to show.

Questions: contact Al at 636-561-6484 (St. Louis area) or [email protected].
239al is offline   Reply With Quote