Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
Jordan

Default Ron Kelley Engine

As some of you have might of read in a few posts, I said I had a new engine but wouldn't state who built it. I have done about 4,000 miles in the last month "testing" my new engine, and boy-oh-boy am I impressed!! Always hearing about Ron's engines (he's a local guy), I had an expectation when purchasing it. That expectation was not even close to what a joy the motor is to drive.

I drive 90% of the time on the highway. I drove 3,000 miles round trip to Canada last month and then drove to the Texas Tour this weekend. The whole time, I've never had to lift the hood. I've changed the oil a couple times, but that's about it. It runs 160* with the thermostat no matter what the outside temp is, even while running an AC and towing a trailer behind it. It's a strong running machine! I would never have a problem referring him to anybody. He's a great guy to work with, and well worth it. He might be more $$ up front, but he's less $$ per mile. I would not hesitate to spend the money again.

A+++++

PS- If anyone wants to know of an engine builder to stay FAR FAR away from, you can PM me His engine has been receiving a lot of attention here lately, and I can assure you the builder and the engine are both lemons