Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-11-2014, 05:57 AM   #1
Clem Clement

Default Hershey report

I'm just back from Hershey. saw lots of friends and sold many Model A parts.
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:09 AM   #2
Wick

Default Re: Hershey report

Same here. Home at 11PM. made some new friends and had a lot of fun!
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:18 AM   #3
pooch

How come Hershey is on mid week ?

Does it cater for guys who are retired ?

The only swap we have in all of OZ that is on a week day is Ballarat which is a friday/saturday and you can fire a gun down the rows and hit no one on the friday.
pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #4
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
How come Hershey is on mid week ?

Does it cater for guys who are retired ?

The only swap we have in all of OZ that is on a week day is Ballarat which is a friday/saturday and you can fire a gun down the rows and hit no one on the friday.
It's not that it is a mid-week event, it actually is a Thursday-Sat event that some "over-achievers" wanting to get a head start began a day earlier, and then it becomes a Wed-Sat event, ...now with quite a few of us starting on Tuesday. . Actually, I started a month or so ago calling contacts asking what they had and pre-buying. I even stopped on the way up to look at some fenders for a fellow Fordbarners and brought them up for him.

Clem, I'm sorry that I missed seeing you however I did buy some of your parts. Thanks!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
Terry,NJ

Hey! Per questo! Howcum you can buy two flathead V8 head gaskets for what one 4 cyl' mod. A gaskets cost? Duhhhh...
Terry
Terry,NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #6
Gary Karr

Hershey was a blast again! It was a wonderful time to catch up with friends, meet new people, plus get a little shopping in. Here are a couple of pictures of what I dragged home from the swap meet plus a couple of my favorites from the Saturday show. There is really still a ton of NOS stuff out there if you're willing to dig. I can't wait until next year!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hershey 2014 005.jpg (75.7 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg Hershey 2014 006.jpg (77.9 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Hershey 2014 007.jpg (81.5 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Hershey 2014 008.jpg (82.3 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg Hershey 2014 009.jpg (100.0 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg Hershey 2014 010.jpg (101.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg Hershey 2014 011.jpg (95.0 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg Hershey 2014 001.jpg (100.7 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg Hershey 2014 002.jpg (85.1 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg Hershey 2014 004.jpg (98.3 KB, 87 views)
Gary Karr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #7
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Karr View Post
There is really still a ton of NOS stuff out there if you're willing to dig. I can't wait until next year!

Gary, as you well know I was fortunate enough to hook-up with you a few times and see your 'pickings'. On my drive home I was thinking just how much of a gift you have for searching for that. What I also realized during these thoughts was, --for me at least, I knew with a high degree of certainty what each item is/was, ...but I must confess that if I were to see those same items on/under a table on the fields, I would likely overlook them. What a true gift you have trained yourself to do, ...and you have secretly challenged me to become more diligent in searching and properly identifying more original Model-A items. Thanks for the challenge and the fellowship this past week!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #8
peters180a/170b

Any ACME valve stems in your batch...30/31 ?[need 1 to make a complete set of 5 ..] That Lincoln was SUPER ! A Deluxe Phaeton in the car coral asking $50,000.00 with wrong front seats... unless a 400 lb. person sat across both seats...l.o.l. Mostly stayed around my space due to my friend having a very bad back and a replaced hip. Did take a visit to A.L. Parts to say hello ..VERY nice NEW head gasket with white/copper $20.00 better then the past repro's. 1 guy passed by with a rear sedan n.o.s. fender 30/31 and paid $1000.00 to hang on this wall????? it takes all types.i guess...
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #9
Ed in Maine

I have been going to Hershey since 1969 and I remember those earlier years in the mud and only having the one day, Saturday. Our club would charter a bus from Southington, CT leaving at 2:00 AM and stopping for breakfast at the Sky Liner Diner in Scranton. I didn't get enough vacation time to take in more days. I'd wait all year for this event and most often it would rain. I didn't have a lot of money in my pocket back then either because of family demands. I told myself that the day would come when I would be retired and I would get there on Tuesday and take in the whole event. It seemed like a far off dream.

Well, now I am retired. It is just a wonderful feeling setting out on Wednesday morning into the flea market knowing you have 3 full days to explore and see the cars. I do get there on Tuesday and I even have a little bit more money for eating out, motel room and a few parts but now but my hips, knees and ankles hurt so bad it takes a week to get everything back to normal. I am that "old guy" who is in your way as you race from one vendor to the next. So much for the "spring in your step" to get through all the fields. You never seem to get the time, the money and your youth all once! So, enjoy what you got and make the best of it. I hope everyone had a great time, Ed
Ed in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #10
sconnors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick View Post
Same here. Home at 11PM. made some new friends and had a lot of fun!
Wick,
It was nice to meet you at Hershey! Thanks for the tip on the headlight buckets!
sconnors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #11
700rpm

Us West Coasters envy those of you who are close enough and have the do-re-me to get to Hershey. If I went I'd have about $1500 in travel, lodging, and food. But we have the Portland Swap Meet in April, and that's a pretty good one, though not nearly the Model A stuff I hear about at Hershey.

As you go through life, keep your eye on the donut, not the hole.
700rpm is offline   Reply With Quote