Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
Tom Morookian

Default Vintique phone number? beware of door handles

Anybody got a phone number for Vintique Inc? Their web site says "under construction". DUH

I bought some oftheir "locking" door handles and, guess what..... after about 1 month of use one of them won't lock and the other one won't unlock.

Part #40-702350/1-L
Tom Morookian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
WRA

Default Re: Vintique phone number? beware of door handles

Ive bought several of thier products and been disappointed every time. Never bought directly from them but got some thru MACs. Latest return was poorly chromed and mis cut mirror. This was to replace one that yellowed and flaked off after about a year. Vintique is poor quality, import crap. Anyone have a better supplier?
WRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
oldandtired

The Vintique stuff I have bought was supplied by other vendors whose catalogs do not mention that they are reselling Vintique stuff. Most of it I either still have because it was unusable or I have thrown it away. I have also bought other reproduction stuff that was very poor quality. I bought some 12-v 35-37 pickup horns from Obsolete. The vehicle they are on has never been in the rain and is washed with only water a few times a year. The horn covers rusted on both of them within a few years. When possible, I try to use OEM even if I have to have it rechromed. Mirrors can be remirrored inexpensively.
oldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
Walt Dupont--Me.

I have never bought anything that says Ventique on the package that fit. Walt
Walt Dupont--Me. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
al pa.

Looks like Vintique will be deserving to be ranked with Drake.
al pa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #6
JM 35 Sedan

I personally would not rate Bob Drake's parts anywhere near as low as Vintique's parts. I have ordered parts from some major suppliers that shipped me Vintique parts in boxes that had the Vintique name cut off the outer layer of their box. Does that tell you anything about the supplier's ethics and what that supplier actually thought about Vintique? I still have those parts, unused, in those same boxes but now can't remember exactly what they are....I'm thinking maybe repro '39 taillights. If there is anyone here who truly likes Vintique parts, send me a pm and these unused Vintique parts can be yours at a very reasonable price

Quote:
Originally Posted by al pa. View Post
Looks like Vintique will be deserving to be ranked with Drake.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 02-20-2012 at 10:19 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
al pa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
I personally would not rate Bob Drake's parts anywhere near as low as Vintique's parts. I have ordered parts from some major suppliers that shipped me Vintique parts in boxes that had the Vintique name cut off the outer layer of their box. Does that tell you anything about the supplier's ethics and what that supplier actually thought about Vintique? I still have those parts, unused, in those same boxes but now can't remember exactly what they are....I'm thinking maybe repro '39 taillights. If there is anyone here who truly likes Vintique parts, send me a pm and these unused Vintique parts can be yours at a very reasonable price
I may have been satisfied with Drakes parts,if I had ever recieved any.He had a special on some parts I needed.I orderd some extra stuff I didn't need,and after holding my money for 45 days,said they weren't available.Shortly after,the parts were again listed at full price.This is among scams posted by other members.Your personal opinion doesn't help those who have been taken advantage of.
al pa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #8
Tom Morookian

Follow up on what I discovered:

Since the Vintique "buttholes" where so uncooperative I bit the bullet and decided to take apart one of the 1st handles. What I discovered is that there's a pin that is supposed to go up and down as a cam on the end of the lock cylinder rotates. It appears that if the handle is rotated to firmly, while the thing is locked, the pin (which is brass) gets distorted and gets stuck in the hole it's supposed to slide thru. Then the cam, which is also brass, bends as you try to unlock it.

Lots of graphite is the only answer I can think of. I suggest putting graphite between the handle and the escutcheon that screws to the door too. That may sneak into the pin area.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
oldandtired

Much lower than Drake...at least some of their stuff fits.
oldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
41LjH

Bought Vintique tail lights and brackets for my 41 pickup. Got ready to trial fit and found their taillights don't fit their brackets!
41LjH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:38 AM   #11
fisheasy

Had the run around with them more than once. i how to never get anymore of there stuff. I think there number is 714-634-1932
fisheasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #12
wspiker

I purchased a gas tank sending unit for my '40 that turned out to be a Vintique. It never worked properly. So, I tossed it (I chalked it up to the cost of a Friday Night Pizza). I than concentrated on the original (what I should have done in the beginning) and was able to repair it. I will always avoid the Vintique stuff....................... Bob Drake works for me.
wspiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
Bruce/CT

Default I ask vendor first..tell them I won't Vintique

I learned the hard way about Vintique shit. If I suspect that they are selling me Vintique, I have started to ask first. I know it will only be making a round trip back to them. Maybe if enough customers refuse to use their inferior quality non-fitting CRAP ( another 4 letter word..is it OK Ryan) they will either improve it or go out of business. If they made better stuff, even at a somewhat higher price.. preferrably MADE IN USA, I'd buy it.
Boy, now I feel better.
Bruce
Old 02-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #14
Seth Swoboda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Morookian View Post
Anybody got a phone number for Vintique Inc? Their web site says "under construction". DUH

I bought some oftheir "locking" door handles and, guess what..... after about 1 month of use one of them won't lock and the other one won't unlock.

Part #40-702350/1-L
What is the area code for China? LOL!!
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #15
felix37

Their window felts are the worst!!
felix37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:48 AM   #16
Tom Morookian

Chased them down - I'll call them today and see if they will give me credit.

714-634-1932
.mod {font-size:1.083333em;margin:0;clear:both;float:none;pos ition:relative;zoom:100%;overflow:hidden;}.mod a:visited {color:#551a8b;}.mod h3 {font-size:1.231em;font-weight:normal;line-height:1em;margin:0;padding:0;}.mod h3 span {font-size:0.8em;color:#6f6f6f;}.mod h3 span a {text-decoration:none;color:#6f6f6f;}.mod h3 span a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}.mod img {float:left;margin:3px 8px 0 0;border:1px solid silver;padding:1px;}.mod .mod_attrib {color:#008000;text-transform:lowercase;clear:both;float:none;}.mod .mod_clear {display:block;clear:both;float:none;visibility:hi dden;}.mod .mod_pipes a {text-decoration:none;}.mod .mod_pipes a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}.mod input.text, .mod textarea, .mod select {border:1px solid #c6c6c6;padding:2px 3px;}.mod input.text, .mod select {margin:0 6px 0 0;}.mqP img {width:175px;height:103px;}.mqP p {margin:0 0 4px 0;}.mqP label {clear:right;display:block;}.mqP input.text {border:1px solid #c6c6c6;padding:2px 4px;margin:0 4px 0 0;color:#999;width:200px;height:18px;}.mqP input.submit {font-size:90%;padding:1px 4px;}Vintique Inc - Featured Result

mapq.st/?q=11526501+type:mqid
1828 W Sequoia Ave
Orange, CA
(714) 634-1932
Old 02-20-2012, 05:04 AM   #17
coupe5w36

I purchased the same door handles as you Tom, so far they're still working ok. Maybe I've been lucky? Must admit I'm a little nervous now.
coupe5w36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #18
barryfromvictoria

hmm-- Now its finally Vintique`s turn to be ganged up on. For the last 3 yrs it has been Drake thats` been raked over the coals for everything except the stock market crash, because he didn`t send somebody a catalogue 20 yrs ago or put his name on a part where you could see it even though it fit perfect and worked well. But heaven forbid if you even recommend sombody else other than Skips for a water pump or Nacewicz for bolts you will have their yesmen on top of you faster than the chevy v-8 police. So who`s it going to be next year? How about Carpenter. He`s still selling the same parts from 30 years ago with no improvements, that still don`t fit or are made wrong.---If you have a legitimate complaint thats fine but we don`t need another lynching.---Barry
barryfromvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #19
fisheasy

Well I will Say that in December I ordered a bunch of stuff for my 47. In a 3 week period I got a taillight that was in a vintique box. The lens was broke and it set crooked in the taillight housing. My girlfriend bought me the chrome dash. It also came in a vintique box. It was scratched and had to be sent back. Then I ordered a winshield wiper motor from carpenters. Also came in a vintique box. It was missing the piece that the arms attached to. Called vintique and cesar said there are no extra parts. I said well what do you wanna do. Then he said send me a picture of the motor. I sent it and he never responded. Called him back Oh hi Spencer I am just looking at your email. Ill send the part out today and you will have it by the end of the week. 2 weeks later and still no part. Call cesar back and you should have gotten it by now I dunno what happened. Finally a month later I got my part. I told him of my experience with their products and he said hmmm thats odd. Heck at that point i was ready to give up on my project b.c I also bought some rubber for the taillight housings from Drake and they sent me two driver side pieces. I am not lynching them just telling you my experience with them. am satisfied with the parts that are working now but not satisfied i had to go through what i did to get them. honestly have not had any problem with Drake stuff
fisheasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #20
Tom Morookian

Just so you know - I called Vintique and basically got a "drop dead" response. They said I could return the handles to C&G and they would replace them. Well, I really don't want a second set of bad handles. I inquired about the box Vintiques uses that says "Quality Assured". That brought complete silence. I'm not trying to "bash" any supplier. I guess all I want to do is warn others to not buy these particular door handles.

Yes, I did lube the handles - with graphite, before installation.