Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-02-2015, 07:08 PM   #21
Oldog3

Default Re: Ford 94 equalizer valve

Bruce ... ah the gaskets .. The gasket in the kit is round on the outside and triangle on the inside where it fits over the valve... will almost .. it does not fit over the valve , to small . I can screw it on the threads like a nut but will need to "forced " the rest of the way . I also guess that one of the "corners " of the triangle should be placed so the opening corresponds with the opening on the base ??? the old gasket fits

Sal , the only numbers that I see on any of them are on the [ correct ] one on the far right ..on top clockwise there are a ... F..... 8 ......5 .....4 ,

Tomo , thank you for the link , it will take several readings for me to understand but I have it printed out to take to the shop and learn it. The article says check the manufacture date .. where is it the only numbers are on the base 8BA 9515 there are none where the picture shows .

Tomorrow I will figure out the rest of the gaskets , put it together and reinstall and report back

I now have a greater appreciation for these muti-carb setups and you who build them , I thought jetting was the only concern I would have to learn .

Thanks to all for sticking with me on this....

Dan
Oldog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:12 PM   #22
flatjack9

That article was based on later 4 barrel carbs. There on no date codes on our 2 barrel Holleys.
flatjack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 03-03-2015, 11:29 AM   #23
scicala

Dan,

I'm pretty sure the numbers stamped on the economizer valve mean it opens when the vacuum drops to 8.5".

Also, I beleive the date codes started to appear on production 2 barrel carbs around 1954 or so. I have a '55 2100 and a '56 2110 that are stamped with a 3 digit date code on the bowl cover.

Sal
scicala is offline   Reply With Quote