Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #61
Binx

Default Re: Best rust solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Henry View Post
The "warts" were solid rust, nothing more. I checked them with a magnet then scraped some off and they were just solid rust, not calcium nor lime nor anything else.
Well counsellor, considering your single track approach of labeling the offender as rust to the exclusion of all other possible offenders begs many questions. Did you perform any forensic tests to determine my clients (respectively referred hereto as "calcium and lime") were not present at the scene? Additionally, with respect to the condition of your water pump inlets based on your latest photos, your accused suspect's actions did not originate from this scene evidenced by the lack of pitting. Is it likely my clients "calcium and lime" were there --and possibly now everywhere throughout your entire cooling system IN ADDITION to your suspect who is leaving deposits on top of their crime thus disguising their presence. This is organized crime plain and simple!! Wouldn't I make a crappy defense lawyer? I just sold out my clients!!

Lonnie

Last edited by Binx; 11-17-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Binx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:41 AM   #62
Old Henry

The only "forensic" tests I performed to determine what the "warts" were made of was to first test them with very small magnets to see if they were iron or some other non-ferrous mineral and then scrape a sampling to examine and test. Both tests were sufficient "forensically" to established the total absence of your clients, Cal See-um and Lie M., at the scene of the crime.

Sorry, your clients will not be going down the river, nor up the river either for that matter. They'll just be fishing from the shore.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #63
Marv

I wander if a block heater for heat and a eletric motor to spin the water pump every once in a while would help these processes?
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #64
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
I wander if a block heater for heat and a eletric motor to spin the water pump every once in a while would help these processes?
As I've said before, both heat and agitation would speed up the process but that's all. It is not necessary and would not otherwise make it any more effective in the long run. The Evapo-rust would eventually finish its job whereas the vinegar loses its acidity and quits before it's done.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #65
Old Henry

Here's a photo of the rust wart remaining in the vinegar pump stuck to the magnets I scraped it off with. (The clear spots are where my fingers were.)

Last edited by Old Henry; 11-18-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #66
Bertha

Thumbs up Re: Best rust solution?

Thank's Henry... been considering it for an engine flush.

Bob