Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
Chris

Default 1930 Ford coupe- Hop Up feature car ***NEW PRICE***

City: Spokane,
State: WA
Price: 23K

Yup, I'm selling the ol girl. This is the one car I have that I thought I would never sell. I basically just want to work on other projects and need the funds and space. I built this car for me, never to sell. I have put years of blood sweat and time into this unique car.

It is a 1930 Ford standard coupe. I bought it in 2007 in a garage were it sat since 1962. It was just and old orriginal car. Had been painted with a brush in the late 40's-early 50's. I took it from there. It has an original 4" dropped A axle, juice brakes, B engine, 1938 Tranny and a stock A rear end. I'm gonna list what was done to what here:

Front end- Dropped axle, reverse eyed spring. Custom dropped tie rod, square spindles, 1942-up juice brakes. All brakes, seals, king pins, shackles new.

Rear end- Stock A with 3.78 gears. 1942-up brakes. Again, rear was taken apart, cleaned, given what it needed along with new seals, brakes, etc. Rear spring is a T with now shackles.

Tranny- rebuilt 1938 helical gear unit. Shifts EXCELLENT. Has a Clings adapter kit that mates it to the engine, locates E brake, wishbone and pedals. Pedals re-bushed, new throwout bearing and shaft. New clutch.

Engine. 1932-1934 B engine. Has counter balanced crank and lightened flywheel. Winfield 6.0:1 head, 30's vintage Mallory distributor, Burns intake with two rebuilt Stromber 81 carbs. Header is a 2x2 split unit with true dual exhaust all the way back. Winfield SU-1R cam. Adjustable lifters. Engine was rebuilt, has new babbit etc. Rebuilt fuel pump with all new fuel lines. Water pump is a new sealed bearing unit. Engine runs HARD. Never given me a hint of problems and has V8 power. Note the correct hose clamps and such. Radiator is a very nice honey-comb that was gone through. Has never run hot on me.

Steering box- stock unit, rebuilt and steers nice. Has a shortened pitman arm that helps with that.

Tires/wheels- Rear- 16x4.5 Ford rims with new Firestone 7.50x16 whitewalls. Fronts- 16x4 Fords with 5.50x16 Firestone whitewalls. Has original 1947-48 Merc caps and ribbed trim rings.

Wiring- all new stock cloth cover wired. Steering wheel is a 1937 Ford banjo with lights still in the horn button.

All gauges and lights work except the dome light. It was put in with the headliner a couple weeks back and wired, just not hooked to a switch. Everything works in the car and works as should. Car charges fine and is 6V.

The body is all original. No bodywork ever. Like I said has a 50 year old brush paint job. Has a few TINY pin holes in the quarters and doors. Drivers side lower cowl has some slight rust but nothing a patch would not fix. It never bothered me. Body very strait. Has a few dents/dings here and there, but what do you expect from an old survivor. Panel below deck lid is a little wavy but again never bothered me. Inside of trunk lid has an area cut out to remove a dent. Passenger rear fender is a little banged up but a nice replacement is included. All done in the 40's/50's. All new glass throughout, windshield swings out and bot door glass rolls up/down very easy and has new tracks.

I installed a new wood kit in the roof 2 months ago and had the interior finished. Very high quality job. It is maroon and white vinyl. New seat springs/wood when seat was done. All chrome garnish moldings and dash rail. Door bottom moldings not chrome. Chrome is excellent on all moldings. Dash rail has some very slight pits that add to the charm of the car. 1949 Ford window handles, stock door handles. Car is very comfortable to ride in. Seat track still works back and forth. New top insert when headliner was done.

Headlights are original guides on dropped headlight bar, tail light is very nice original. Grill shell is near mint original...The one that came on the car. Bumpers are original 32's.

This car was featured in Hop Up volume 10. It is a very well known car and always draws a crowd. It is fast, loud and unique. If you want something that runs and drives like a modern car you better head down to your new Cadillac dealer. Drives highway speeds with no problems and this car gets driven A LOT. I have some extra parts that are included. Really, if you left this car the way it is all it needs (in my opinion) is shocks. It does not have em, and would probably ride better with them. It rides nice now, but any big bumps you feel. It also leaks a little oil. Most old fords do. This has a slight leak at the oil pan. The pan is off an old race car (or something similar) and has had copper fins brazed all around it for cooling. It leaks a little in the front right corner. Nothing like spewing oil but just seeps. I will include another nice B pan that can easily be swapped if desired.

Asking 23,000 and open to offers. No idea what the car is worth, how do you put a price on something like this? Will listen to trades but cash is king. Please PM only or call me. I felt like I wrote a novel here and theres still more I could say. I think most of you will get the idea. My number is 509-869-0266. Clear WA title in my name

Please note the chrome shifter in some of the pics is no longer in the car, it is for my A roadster. Coupe now has a black painted shift handle with old yellow Bakelight knob.

Last edited by Chris; 09-24-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
Chris

Default Re: 1930 Ford coupe- Hop Up feature car

finned pan

Old 09-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #3
partridgekelley

Hi Chris I'm the one buying the heater - but I saw your coupe and had to send a note. I have had and built many model A's-but I really like the was yours is built. It looks like mine - I have a 28c/c pick-up and a 29 tudor that is still in the works. Both have prety much the same treatment as your coupe. If I win the lottery next week - I'll buy your car! NICE car!!!
partridgekelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
hotrodfreak

I don't need more hot rods but You did a really good job with this coupe.
Good luck with your other projects.
I like chopped so five of mine are sliced.
hotrodfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #5
Chris

Btt
Old 09-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
Chris

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
New price 20,000.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
dudley32

Default Re: 1930 Ford coupe- Hop Up feature car ***NEW PRICE***

Love it.. wish you didn't have to sell...d32
dudley32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
Chris

Default Re: 1930 Ford coupe- Hop Up feature car ***NEW PRICE***

I know someone wants this car
Old 09-24-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
Chris