Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
Chris

Default My new 1938 Deluxe Tudor sedan!

I found myself browsing Craigslist again...it really is a bad thing for me as I always find SOMETHING I never knew how much I needed. Monday night was pretty much the same. Saw an add for a 1938 Ford DeLuxe tudor sedan. I called the guy and he said it was his late Father's car, and they needed to sell it. The car was about 70 miles away, so I said maybe this weekend I would come look at it if he still had it. I had Friday off so Thursday night I called him to see if I could look at it in the morning. He told me he had a guy coming from Seattle to look at it, and had a trailer and cash. So I left my number and said he if did not buy it to call me. Next day in the afternoon he called to say the fellow from Seattle could not make it that day, so Jamie and I went up and checked it out.

It is a pretty original car. Interior is all original except the door panels. It has some floor and tool tray repair and the car has been repainted but looks to be long ago. The front fenders/hood have been buffed out, the doors back are kinnda dry so I need to wet sand it and buff the car. The guy selling it said his Dad bought it about 15-20 years ago and never did much with it...just bought parts for it. He showed me all the Bob Drake boxes, there is a lot of stuff there! The car fired right up and purrs. All stock except Fenton headers and dual exhaust. Engine looks new. It has hydraulic brakes on it as well. I drove it up and down his driveway and made a deal, went and picked it up today.

I dunno what I'm going to do with it. It drives nice but needs a MC, it leaks pretty bad and I lost the brakes pulling into my driveway. Either way, Ryan's 39 sedan is the first car that came to mind