Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
JM 35 Sedan

Default Rhinebeck, NY Swap Meet/Car Show

Just wondering who may be planning to go to Rhinebeck? I'm on the fence right now. Have probably gone to too many of these Spring meets already and have spent way more $$'s than I should have spent (at least that's what the Misses is telling me ) but I do hate to miss a good show. Soooo...who's really gonna be there??

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
oldford2

Default Re: Rhinebeck, NY Swap Meet/Car Show

John,
I am registered for the Sunday car show and had hoped to get down early Saturday before you picked up all the good stuff.
BUT, Barb gets a new hip on Tuesday so my plans are uncertain now. I am lucky to have 2 RN's in the family here so maybe I can sneak down for half a day. We will see.
John
oldford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Bruce/CT

Hi John,
Going Saturday and probably Friday also to buy NOT sell. Let me know if you docome up. Maybe we can get together there.
Bruce/CT
Old 04-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
Vic Piano

Wish I was closer, when I lived on Long Island I really enjoyed going to the Rhinebeck show. Have fun. Vic
Old 04-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
37don

Going Fri, Sat, And Sun. Will show car in the Sunday show. Will put 37 Don on my window card. Stop and say Hi!
Regards, Don
37don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
1931 flamingo

My brother and I are going Saturday for the day. I'll have a shirt on with flamingos! !!
Say Hi.
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
ken ct
BANNED

I'll be there for all 3 days green field Q-15-17 go left through the gate up the hill. on rt side. ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
JM 35 Sedan

John, I hope all goes well with Barb's procedure. If you can at least make Sunday that will be good.

Bruce, we somehow missed at Fitchburg. Did you pick up some exhaust manifolds there? I saw two pair that day. If not, I have an extra pair. Not sure which day/days I will be there yet. Maybe if lot's of honey do's get done I'll get a pass for all three days .

Vic, come on up. You and Sherry can turn it into a vacation and visit family & friends on LI after the show. You could also check out that baby blue '48 LCC on the way up or back .

Don, do you have a blue '37 fordor flatback? Or am I thinking of another Don? I'll try to remember to wear my old Fordbarn T Shirt from Shelly's Barn and maybe a tag with my 'stage' name/Fordbarn 'handle' .

Paul, I will be looking for that Flamingo shirt....should not be that many others there wearing Flamingo shirts, so, I'm sure we will find you

Ken, I hope you get a better spot than you had at Fitchburg. Also, bring some nice weather with you from Ct....at least a little better than we had in Mass.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 04-30-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
Bruce/CT

Long term (thru Saturday) weather looks good for the weekend. Sunny and 70's.
John, yes I found a pair of Exhaust Manifolds. I'm the guy with a shopping cart and a WHITE CANOE OAR as a handle. My trademark since old Hershey rainfest days on the grass fields.
Bruce/CT
Old 04-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #10
Bruce/CT

Ken,
Trying to decide what 2 days I'm going. When do most of the vendors open on Friday?...Does Friday pay to attend just for the Swap meet.? Good stuff goes early BUT I like the cars on Sunday. Going either Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.
Thanks,
Bruce/CT
Old 04-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #11
ken ct
BANNED

They open for buyers at Noon, 1/2 or more of the vendors are in and selling by Noon, fri and sat is the best pickings.Sundays are the pits usually for selling.Barely made expenses at Fitchburg broke even. Ya win some ya lose some lol ken ct. John Munro the best to Barb,they do wonders today. Hope to see you there you know where i am. ken+peg.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #12
1931 flamingo

oldford2: The hospital staff will have her up and walking shortly after she comes from surgery. When I had mine done they only wanted me to go about 10 feet, I must have gone 50 or more and then back to the room, they wanted to get a wheel chair but I said no. Good luck! !
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #13
37don

Jim, I have a trunkback with spyders.
Regards, Don
Old 05-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
JM 35 Sedan

Cool Re: Rhinebeck, NY Swap Meet/Car Show

[QUOTE=37don;416860]Jim, I have a trunkback with spyders.
Regards, Don

Don, is your '37 a Washington Blue fordor?

Looks like the plans now call for doing the swap meet on Saturday any stay over for some of the car show on Sunday.

Say hey if you see an old dude wandering around like he is lost, with gray hair and a gray beard, who looks like he has not missed too many meals lately, and is possibly drooling all over himself as well as any nice Flathead Ford parts for sale and/or any nice Flathead powered early Ford V8 cars/trucks that may be parked around the premises He may be wearing an old Fordbarn T shirt that he bought from Shelly many many years ago because he can't find a New Fordbarn T Shirt that probably never will exist in his lifetime anyway

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 05-02-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #15
DICK SPADARO

Ok I'm tagging on here, I'm not kidding, I'm loading up right now with a bunch of parts. Every one has been complaining about the lack of V8 part that show up at the meets lately so here is just a start of my load. See you there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flea parts.jpg (107.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 05-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #16
ken ct
BANNED

Im going to try and get over to you as its a long walk for me.I know you must have something i can use. lol ken ct.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #17
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DICK SPADARO View Post
Ok I'm tagging on here, I'm not kidding, I'm loading up right now with a bunch of parts. Every one has been complaining about the lack of V8 part that show up at the meets lately so here is just a start of my load. See you there
Dick Spadaro, I like the looks of that pile/load as you call it!! I see some things I just have to have for my collection of parts that I never really want to let go of LOL. (If anyone thinks I don't want to sell anything, please go to my "Early Ford V8 Parts 4 Sale ad" right now, here in the swap section, and buy something asap ).
Dick, I will be over to see you as soon as I can get there on Saturday.....unless of course everything in that pile/load gets sold on Friday before I get there .

Old 05-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #18
37don

Well kinda like Washington Blue but a little richer I guess. Have a 1937 RI license plate on the front. I might be parked outside the show field on Sat. but will be in the show Sun. My car is kind of a tweener, all stock except for the built flathead under the hood. They never know quite where to place me. Don't much care as long as I get to meet and make good friends.
Don