Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #21
Fred K-OR

Default Re: Burn Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700rpm View Post
Bill, your comments are usually fun and sometimes even informative. My only suggestion would be to stop using the bold face type. It's like you're shouting at us. And while it's true some of us may be a little hard of hearing, we can read at a lower volume.
Bill, I agree with Ray. Keep the comments coming. Like mentioned above, if people don't like them, they can skip over them! So far, in this country all have freedom of speech.
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #22
MBI Houston

Please bring back the Ghost of Bill W. We miss him.
MBI Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #23
Terry Longest

Rave on, Bill. If I tire of your posts, I'll skip 'um.
Terry Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #24
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
Just goes to show WHITE WINE DOESN"T GO WITH APPLE.
Tom,
Bill/You are a hoot ! Youse two should ...go on the road !
Seriously, anyone who cannot control himself and pass over your input..if he doesn't like it..is not worth worrying yourself about! Keep it clean and keep on makingem smile partner!
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #25
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBI Houston View Post
Like a scoobydoo episode when you take the mask off the ghost it's Old Man Smithers (or in this case young Bill Smithers?)

Your posts are always fun to read.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #26
rollingsculpture

wheres the smokin tires from that A ? love to read whats new bill you are part of that you keep it lively and impart some good ideas thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (19.9 KB, 29 views)
Old 02-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #27
lschultz

Dam I been reading all this bull*** and I still don't get it and I don't even know whats yous is talking abouts. Bill are your hormones out of whack? I assume you still have them. From what I been reading these boys seem to like you so whatever you are doing keeps it coming. Thats what I thought when I saw Burn Out and I thought how in da hell is he doing a Burn Out. Then I read somebody talking about White Out. Hmmmm Then I see you are from Kalifornia so that explains it all. I think. I am more now. Maybe I got some of them problems too.
2009 Softail Custom (sons)
lschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #28
HoarseWhisperer

You have to be here awhile too "get it" and know the players.

Many appreciate a good drama once in awhile, even it has nothing to do with Model A Fords.

Stay tuned for the next performance, where the "Sancho" will be revealed in the ongoing, "Heart of the Hobby", vs the evil "Purists", as they try to take over Planet Fordbarn. *tic*

1928 CCPU 82-A
1931 Roadster 40-B Dlx (Canadian)
HoarseWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #29
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry, NJ View Post
What does an "Assistant Guru of Stuff" do, anyway?
Terry
I'm the assistant to CLAUDE HENRY, 85 year old club member, who is truly "THE GURU OF ALL MODEL A STUFF" He lives in the middle of an orange orchard and doesn't know for sure how many out buildings he has, he thinks there are 8??
Last trip out, I discovered his Jail that houses his garden tools!
He built Marge a "Hobby Building," with old windows, old doors, and old wood, looks like it's 107 years old. She specified it NOT have a door big enough to get a car inside!! Claude's my "HERO!" He finds his house by following the food smell! Bill W.

Last edited by BILL WILLIAMSON; 02-27-2012 at 08:57 PM.
BILL WILLIAMSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #30
[email protected]

Bill, about every 2 weeks or so your insecurities seem to get the best of you. Stop worrying about whether we like you or if your burning us out because of your posts or that your ideas aren't good. You have to understand the majority of us are on this site to find people like you. You're intelligent, you've got a lot of good knowledge and a great personality. And believe it or not this site isn't for someone to take too seriously and need to take some of the BS with a grain of salt. This forum is very entertaining
and interesting and a great resource. And we need guys like you on here. So toss your insecurities aside, stay on this forum and quit letting people influence you to the point where you worry about whether we like you or not. You're doing just fine.
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #31
RcT

I don't think it is really necessary to do a "poll" here to determine if someone should stay or go... come on, guys, lighten up. Bill is the one contributor we can count on for saying it like it is, tongue in cheek, with some humor and a great deal of Model A knowledge. Anyone who is so small as to send a private message with that intent should ask himself if he, himself, isn't the problem.

I like Bill. We correspond and exchange thoughts... good ones at that. I agree with the Horsewhisperer, that we tend to form images of the regulars on here, and different as we may be, it is a great bunch of guys. Some more serious than others... this is a hobby, for enjoyment. Relax, take it easy and be a good person.
RcT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #32
zzlegend

OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Now a drum roll please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
BLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBL DBLDBLDBLDBLD...

Now will the real I.M.r or Sancho, have some huevos and please check in??????????????
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #33
Louis

ZZlegend,
Was that you I saw on TV last night at the Academy Awards ceremony? .
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #34
JBR

Hey Bill, stop worrying about it and like a couple of the guys on Ahooga use to say, "Pass the medicine!"
Jon
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #35
James Rogers

Bill, just hand me another beer and lets get on with this stuff. No need to worry about anyone but yourself. My old gran'daddy said, "don't sweat the small stuff and in the end It's all small stuff"!
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #36
zzlegend

Louis, i might be there someday, if i can just remember my lines. But i don't think they give Oscars to Geezers. If they did, i would bet that Bill W. would get one.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #37
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzlegend View Post
OK,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Now a drum roll please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
BLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBLDBL DBLDBLDBLDBLD...

Now will the real I.M.r or Sancho, have some huevos and please check in??????????????
That is why he is called Sancho. A man with no honor, one who will sneek around the back of your house when your not not home. There are 4 or 5 of us that Sancho likes send emails and PM's telling us how stupid we are but offers no help here in public.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:10 AM   #38
ryan1929

You know not everyone is right or has the correct information....But take it with a grain of salt ask a question and you get dozens of ideas to help fix the problem. then its up to you to decide what to do....I love ford barn. not only for the help but also the friendships....
ryan1929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:38 AM   #39
BILL WILLIAMSON

Yo, Buddy FordBarners,
Just thought I was overdoing it & might offend too many folks that were just seeking straight info. I've been doing this quite awhile and this and trying to make a little "humor," as it helps me keep my "mables" straight. Pat has gone through 10 1/2 years of debilitating dementia and I have had some serious medical isues for 3 years. Not looking for sympathy, as we have our heads adjusted for her imminent passing. It will be a blessing for her when she rises to Jesus and will be whole forever.
Thank you for all the Kudos, but I really don't like dark chocolate.
Someone thought I was young, wish I was! I'm a 76 year old retired dealership mechanic with a very varied background on some very exotic cars. Grew with Model A's in the sticks of Oklahoma with Chief, building cars to sell so we could eat. Drifted into street rods & drag racing in the '50's and back to stock "A's" 8 years ago and re-learning what I didn't know or forgot. I try to share good mechanical knowledge that has worked for me, not B.S. fixes. I don't know a lot of the finer points of high class restorations, and am amazed at some folks great skills, especially on cars with great amounts of wood structures,but chassis and running stuff, I can make an "A" do marvelous things by the seat of my pants. I'm a damed good diagnostician and mechanic, not fast, but good. I've learned from the best of them, mainly Chief! (God! I miss him!) He always said, "If you know something, tell them and share it. If you don't know something, be quiet and listen, and you might learn something new. When I would screw up he said, "Buy you books, send you to school, and you still STUPID!" Loved that man! I had Polio in 1937, but Chief never babied me, he said I had to be TOUGH.
One of you wrote that I was "intelligent!" I've convinced our club members that I have a "147"I.Q. and write hokey stories and talk hokey so I don't intimidate anyone!! When I learn to post pics better, I will post my ugly face, you can blow it up and put it in your garage to keep the RATS & MICE OUT!
I don't use bold type as yelling, I just think they look good, and a couple of you mentioned that they needed to buy glasses, so I thought it would help.
Cindy, my daughter, said all CAPITAL letters meant yelling, what do I know? I don't use acronyms such as LOL, IMHO BMA, SINYE, etc, as I'm not up on texting lingo and might offend someone and get my nose broken!!
I keep a file on new things I've learned here, and it far surpasses what I have contributed.
I've developed some great E-Mail friends on here. They know how goofy I am, who else would name their car "VERMIN," and sleep wih a rat terrier,"
Bill Williamson & Buster T. Brown
Old 02-28-2012, 04:47 AM   #40
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBI Houston View Post
The Ghost is begging for forgiveness for squandering my "stash" $$$$$ while I was gone. I'll make him, sweat for awhile. Bill