Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
Lincoln29

Default Early V8 Ford Grill

I need your help identifing a Early V8 Ford looking Grill, but it has a cable for closing the shutters. Is this some type of accessory grill?
Here are a couple of pictures. Thanks, Jerry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cell phone pictures 022.jpg (57.9 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg cell phone pictures 023.jpg (62.6 KB, 197 views)
Lincoln29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Ralph Moore

Default Re: Early V8 Ford Grill

Maybe a Pines winterfront for a 33?
Ralph Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
mfagan

Looks like a 1934 winter grill to me.
mfagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
JM 35 Sedan

It does look like a Pines Winter Front. If so, a very nice and desirable accessory to own.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
FL&WVMIKE

Lincoln29 .......................
That is a very rare grille ! It is an aftermarket, non Ford factory piece, but very desirable, none the less. I have never seen one. Like others have said, it is, probably a PINES WINTERFRONT GRILLE. It looks to be 1934.
MIKE
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
Lawson Cox

Do you see any name on it?
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
Lincoln29

Thanks to all of you for helping me identify the grill. I will have to look for a name on it. It is in nice condition, but would need restored.
I will be putting it on Ebay tonight.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
Lanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln29 View Post
Thanks to all of you for helping me identify the grill. I will have to look for a name on it. It is in nice condition, but would need restored.
I will be putting it on Ebay tonight.
================================================== ====

Nice of you to want info Here today
and put it on Evil Bay tonight, that's nice.

There is a For Sale section Here.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #9
Lincoln29

I didn't want to pay the Evil pay fee's also, but I don't know what it is worth and don't want to cut myself short.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #10
ford38v8

We are so impressed that you don't want to cut yourself short. Now get on with you, and maybe someone will send you a nice cashiers check for your rusty part.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:53 PM   #11
JM 35 Sedan

We will be watching that very nice rare and desirable winter front grille on that Evil Epay site just drooling all over ourselves and wishing that we could have had a shot at that baby here on our little FB swap site

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 10-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #12
Frank Miller

I have a rare part to sell and I want to get x dollars for it so I put it up for sale at that price. I have a rare part that I am not sure what it fits so I ask on here. Many do that, even for common stuff. The best way to list the part is with a good description. Why should the seller cut himself short? Call the auction site what you want but it has its benefits. Sure it drives prices up but only to the level of supply and demand that was never realized in the pre internet world. Good luck selling your part and thanks for giving us a glimpse of what still exists.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:18 PM   #13
David J

I know sticking my nose into this is stupid BUT . This is an info site last time I checked and did he not request info ? Lots of that going on here . He probably should have left off the epay bit but should HONESTY be crucified ? I find this much less offensive than seeing something sell for $ 3,000.00 here & immediately show up on epay for $ 5,000.00 . Seems like jockeys are well represented in all hobbies . Besides if anyone was that nervous about this couldn't they have sent an offer through a PM ? All I see here is he wanted to be sure he didn't give it away . But then I am one that thinks if you find a $ 20 bill you are not obligated to sell it to me for $ 10 because you got it for free . Any of you ever sell something with a stated price immediately to the first caller and then have MANY more calls & higher offers ? I don't know about you but I for one don't like the " I just screwed myself " feeling that goes with the above . Anyone ever try to buy something that the seller didn't know what it is ? THEN after you tell them what it is they either don't sell it to you or raise the price significantly ? Well I for one have had that happen to me on numerous occasions & yes it pisses you off but I still tell them what it is if needed . This stuff is NOT a source of income to me & never has been . Wouldn't enjoy it as much if it was . There is a pic of one of these on the opening page of a 33 ? service bulletin . I had one of these that came with a 33 I bought in 1972 & it was the same colors as his . Never used it as it looked to me that it scratched the begeeziz out of the grille . One of the positives of not being one of the " good old boys " here is I can be honest about stuff like this and not care . David J
David J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:21 PM   #14
JM 35 Sedan

I'm going to bid that item up to $5,000.00 and then leave the country.

Actually, I could care less where he sells that grille and what he gets for it. I hope he makes a fortune on the auction and someone who feels they just have to have it gets it for their collection.

Now...where was I and what was I going to do before I came back and read this post........Oh yeah, now I remember.... I was going to eBay to bid on something but can't remember what it was

Old 10-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #15
OLD...BILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
I'm going to bid that item up to $5,000.00 and then leave the country.

Actually, I could care less where he sells that grille and what he gets for it. I hope he makes a fortune on the auction and someone who feels they just have to have it gets it for their collection.

Now...where was I and what was I going to do before I came back and read this post........Oh yeah, now I remember.... I was going to eBay to bid on something but can't remember what it was
JOHN; Please let me know when you find it on " GREED BAY " together we and with the help of others, can and will run the bids to there and beyond and back again, you know we can do it. we-ve been ther before.... and not been kicked off yet ...HEY... did I bid that .. thats not me .... OLD....BILL
OLD...BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #16
Elmo Rodge

Lincoln29, after you sell it maybe you would consider a donation to this site. Wayno
Old 10-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #17
David J

Epay item # 160674365557 . We should be careful of hypocrisy here folks . Have none of you ever asked for an opinion on what something was or what it was worth before you sold it ? Also it's interesting to see the request for info on an old Ford part compared to an adultrous situation . Real nice touch on that one . Look at the self promotion by sellers { the good old boy thing again } on the forums . That goes without comment other than you're a great guy kinda stuff . This guy asks about one item and is helped out by many well meaning folks UNTIL he says it will be sold on epay . Then with one exception he is crucified !!! Sorry but this is nuts in my book .
David J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:01 PM   #18
Lanny

If people come here looking for answers about their G.M. and Mopar stuff,
would you think members should spend time helping them ?

If EPAYERs come here looking for facts and prices
so they can take the parts back to EPAY to sell them
you obviously think members should spend time helping them.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:18 PM   #19
TJ

David J you are right on the money with your comments. I've had people whine and snivel about a part they needed and sold it to them real reasonable. Only later did I find out they put a big price on it and sold it to someone else. That's the breaks of the game. This guy wanted info and he got it. It's his part and he can do whatever he wants with it. I'm sure there are people on this site that had a part and didn't know what it fit. When they got an answer they took it to the next swap meet and sold it. The only mistake that Lincoln made was saying he was going to put it on E-bay. He incurred the wrath of the "little old ladies" on this site who thought they should have first bid on a $1000 gold necklace and buy it for $50.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:52 PM   #20
ford38v8

OK, I'll back off... I got off on my soapbox again about this being the Forum, not the SwapMeet, as it ticks me off to see ads on here wasting my time and others to read them, but Lincoln had a legitimate question, and he informed us that it was for sale, so we were given first chance.

Lincoln, my apologies, and good luck to you.