Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #41
[email protected]

Default Re: First Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700rpm View Post
I'm not surprised that your web site isn't making any money for you. None of your links work and there is no contact information. If you're selling web services, Job One is to get your own show on the road. Something is fishy here. I will frankly state that I am skeptical about you.
And so you should be.
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.

Last edited by [email protected]; 06-03-2012 at 12:43 AM.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #42
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelTFan01 View Post
700rpm, relax. My website is currently under construction. Soon those links will be up and running.
That's the same line of crap you told the Model T guys. The problem was though, we already had 3 model t forums and really weren't all that interested in hooking up with such an amateurish endeavor. When you consider how you tried to cut Chris' throat and wouldn't leave him alone and that you've tried to pull guy's off Ryan's site for months now, and the way you did it, you deserve to fail at what you're doing.
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.

Last edited by [email protected]; 06-03-2012 at 12:51 AM.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #43
Steve Wastler

Garrison,

Were you a bully as a kid or is it something you acquired along with age?
Steve Wastler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #44
rollingsculpture

hey Kid do you and your family a favor ,since you dont have much to work with look for something you can fix up i bought my truck for 1800 bucks and put another 5k into it for what was missing ,that would leave another 14,200 bucks for your poor family to work out what to use it for.
On my truck took 3 years of my time working and learning about these great vehicles . i can now fix and repair when and wherever an emergency comes up and not just be a consumer of goods . which is the lowest form of model a ownership , sorry guys but if you cant learn to fix these cars you are in love with than.....WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? thats the best part!! why ?? because it will give you the ability to think ,work, plan and become independent , able to take care of you and your family at the same time while pursueing your LOVE of a great LIFELONG hobby
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg pass side.JPEG (43.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg cowboy w stkesides.jpg (44.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 06-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #45
Chris in WNC

$20,000? you can get a great driver for half that if you shop dilligently........
Old 06-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #46
ford1

well, no matter what you think of him, or dont think, hes young, inexperienced and needs a lot of guidence, thats what we should be giving him, the good stuff and not the posts that have been posted here, the way us old guys are passing on we need all the young people we can find to carry on this hobby, so lets give him the benefit of our knowlege and guide him , so ease up, if he says something wrong, tell him, but nicely and explain why he was wrong, thats the way we teach the younger generation
ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #47
MrTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford1 View Post
well, no matter what you think of him, or dont think, hes young, inexperienced and needs a lot of guidence, thats what we should be giving him, the good stuff and not the posts that have been posted here, the way us old guys are passing on we need all the young people we can find to carry on this hobby, so lets give him the benefit of our knowlege and guide him , so ease up, if he says something wrong, tell him, but nicely and explain why he was wrong, thats the way we teach the younger generation

I'm curious, why do you need to find people to carry on your hobby? How will it effect you if you do not?
MrTube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #48
ford1

i dont know what your problem is Mr Tube, but its not my hobby, its every ones who is in here, as for affecting me it doesnt, it effects the hobby, if we dont find young people to carry it on it will die, and that is why its important ti find new people,
Old 06-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #49
MrTube

ford1, you don't know what my problem is because I do not have one. Remember, you cannot read emotion from text. There was nothing mean,insulting or hurtful meant by what I typed.

Trying to find people for a hobby isn't much different than pushing it on people.

People who have an interest in it will find it on their own. As far as it being important? Not really, its a hobby like any other. If it dies off, its because no one is interested in it anymore.

You will notice ModelTfan01 found us, we didn't find him. But at the same time don't let that blind you from the fact he MAY be trying to take advantage of people. Not saying he is. I simply am saying is he is no different than any other person I don't know regardless of what he says he is trying to do. Proceed with caution.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #50
tierod

My first car was a 1926 T cpe. Nice car but not too fast on the road. Next was an A rdstrpu. Not weatherproof but a blast to drive at hiway speeds.
tierod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #51
ford1

oh man how should i take that? how do you think ford chevy chrysler get customers? the advertise, and people in this hobby dont just fall out of trees on the door step of the clubs, people go out, the clubs, at car shows, parades, let people know what this all about, get them interested in these old cars, the ones there parents had, i see you dont care, but i do, i want these clubs to last for ever, if not our kids, grand kids will lose a lot of the history of our country, the auto along with the rail road is what drove us to the great place it is, with out new people coming into the hobby all of this will be lost, and that does matter to me, would you like to be the only one with an old car and no one to show it to,? i wouldnt
Old 06-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #52
BILL WILLIAMSON

Ignore the "MODEL T GUY" and hopefull he will go AWAY!!
Bill W's Ghost..
Old 06-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #53
Fred K-OR

Why do you all get your blood pressure up over some kid (if he is one) like this? Go out and drive your A or T.
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #54
ford1

lol one thing about being an old guy is knowing when to walk away, check out my back lol
Old 06-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #55
MrTube

Quote:
oh man how should i take that? how do you think ford chevy chrysler get customers? the advertise, and people in this hobby dont just fall out of trees on the door step of the clubs, people go out, the clubs, at car shows, parades, let people know what this all about, get them interested in these old cars, the ones there parents had, i see you dont care, but i do, i want these clubs to last for ever, if not our kids, grand kids will lose a lot of the history of our country, the auto along with the rail road is what drove us to the great place it is, with out new people coming into the hobby all of this will be lost, and that does matter to me, would you like to be the only one with an old car and no one to show it to,? i wouldnt

How do Ford and Chevy and Chrysler get customers? By selling a good product.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #56
dlshady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTube View Post
How do Ford and Chevy and Chrysler get customers? By selling a good product.
Ford, yeah.... The other two, well.....
dlshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #57
29ModelA

Quote:
i dont know what your problem is Mr Tube, but its not my hobby, its every ones who is in here, as for affecting me it doesnt, it effects the hobby, if we dont find young people to carry it on it will die, and that is why its important ti find new people,
I'd agree with this... most of us young guys are exposed to 50's and newer cars the most, because they are easier to be everyday cruisers and drivers.

I see it with the kids even younger than I all the time when they look at our A. My wife and I are 30. My 18 year old nephew saw our car and said "What the heck is that thing?"

I have a feeling many of the stockers that will be hitting the market in the next 10-15 years will become hot rods as sad as that is. It's hard for me to look at our car and keep it mostly stock like my wife wants, it would look so good as a hot rod with its patina. I told her I would buy her a nice one even LOL.

Interior, steering box (rebuild), and I am sure much more!
29ModelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #58
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
lol one thing about being an old guy is knowing when to walk away, check out my back lol
Yo, Buddy,
On the front, my black tee shirt sez,"UNEXPECTED BILL!" The back sez, "MY BACK!"
Don't know what "THE GHOST" is sporting.
Bill W.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #59
ModelTFan01
Banned

Default The First Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingsculpture View Post
hey Kid do you and your family a favor ,since you dont have much to work with look for something you can fix up i bought my truck for 1800 bucks and put another 5k into it for what was missing ,that would leave another 14,200 bucks for your poor family to work out what to use it for.
On my truck took 3 years of my time working and learning about these great vehicles . i can now fix and repair when and wherever an emergency comes up and not just be a consumer of goods . which is the lowest form of model a ownership , sorry guys but if you cant learn to fix these cars you are in love with than.....WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? thats the best part!! why ?? because it will give you the ability to think ,work, plan and become independent , able to take care of you and your family at the same time while pursueing your LOVE of a great LIFELONG hobby
rollingsculpture, I would if I had the time and money.

I'd rather pay a good $15,000 to get a already-running car. It's not that my parent's don't need the money, as they do. But it's my money, and I made it. Anyways, I'm the only one that can access the "money box" and I know where it is. However, it's taped shut and the cash is poked through the hole on top. That way nobody can get the money.
ModelTFan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #60
rgm84

Send a message via AIM to rgm84

Yes, I'm new to both sites and haven't said all that much but for both concerns there are six sides to Garrett's story. He managed to bring a lot of what happened on the MTCA forum all on his own.
rgm84 is offline   Reply With Quote