Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
noinput

Post 1930 Model A Ford, Tudor Sedan, Running + Extras

City: Eastvale
State: CA
Price: 17750

Hello all, I'm new to the site, so apologies if this is in the wrong format or not following proper sale etiquette. I decided it's time for me to let go of my old girl, and hoping someone here may want to give her a new home. Please see the details below and view more at the craigslist posting (easier to see images I put together) let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for looking!

The High level
  • 1930 Tudor Sedan
  • Fully running, registered, drivable, starts right up, shifts just fine as well
  • Light shake when breaking, I believe it needs an alignment
  • Comes with additional interior, fabric, seats & new rear window + more
  • I have lots of reference material, books, era pieces and more
  • Added touches like turn lights, gauges on dash, trunk, step plates, 30's etched windows, light additions, etc.
  • Garaged & covered always, started at least once per month for at least the last 4 years
  • Everything you see here offered for $16,500.

>>Video: Video of her with a walktrough + running + walkaround + extras
>>Photos: More images and details on the craigslist ad

Details: I love this car, but it's time I let her go. She was my father's who bought her in a non-working state and got very far with the restoration as you can see here. I got to help him with some of the restoration and he passed a few years back leaving her to me. Since then I've become a new father of two beautiful girls, and it's time for me to focus on my new priorities.

This car starts right up, and runs great. Only issues I've had with her in the past 4 years were a dead battery, which I've replaced (months ago) and a little overheating on hotter summer days, however I realize it was my own fault for running her too hot. The engine was properly tuned by my grandfather who is an A Model owner himself (and master mechanic, owned a texaco station for 20 years) as well his good friend who does all the restorations for AAA of Southern California on their show cars.

Current negatives: Paint can always use love, it looks great from a few feet back, but there is obvious chips and specs when you're close. Interior is still in progress. Headliner is off completely, windshield wiper needs to be worked on, horn is not working, front seats are temporary with simple fabric, back seat is still original(!) and paneling is not the best.

Extras that come with this beauty: Full new seat fabric + stuffing & padding. Brand new rear window glass & gasket. rear window shade. Complete dome lamp kit. Complete headliner kit with fabric, trim liner & handles. Enhanced break pedal return spring, Rubber and felt adhesive, bottom door seals, seat hardware, seatbetls and seat tracks. All side paneling + Kick guards. Custom fitted car cover.

Fun Additional's: Lots of books, restoration guides, the official les andrews guides for service & maint. + install & assembly, reprint of original Instruction Book, original manual(!), old AAA maps and travel guides (awesome for shows). "The Restorer" annuals + judging guidelines and standards books from the Model A Ford Club of America. 1930 Model A Tudor Tshirt.

Current positives: Runs fantastic. Added turn lights, yellow head lights, era etched wing windows, NEW dash console with gauges, turn signal, era plates, ford step rail badge, rear spare wheel cover, beautiful "trunk" with fitted bracket, luggage rack on passenger side step rail, custom plate "1930 MDL", countless updates to engine with care on things like hose clamps, decals and wiring.

With the purchase of this car I'm including all the parts which my dad and I never got to restore with, in hopes you like the materials and wish to use them. All of which are yours to keep and use or not, but well over 8K in parts which are pristine and still in the boxes/wrapped, and documented below. I would love for 'Thelma Lou' to go to a great new home, as this car deserves the attention I just can't give her anymore. If you live close enough, you can even drive her home. Also if you're interested we can coordinate transferring the vanity license plate to you, I don't mind helping with that as well.

Contact me if interested over email, and i'll give you my cell so we can talk, or will call you. I will call back promptly, only leaving my number off to avoid spam and people who aren't serious. If you are seriously interested, let me know, you're welcome to come by and take her for a spin around the block, and hopefully home.

..more images here

Last edited by noinput; 01-18-2013 at 06:23 PM. Reason: **reduced price
noinput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
1931 flamingo

Default Re: 1930 Model A Ford, Tudor Sedan, Running + Extras

??????????
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
noinput

apparently when I updated the thread that I dropped the price, it removed all of the content of my post. no idea what happened. the car for sale is listed here:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3502857979.html
noinput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
reggiedog

would u just sell the luggage trunk????.
reggiedog is offline   Reply With Quote