Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #21
richard crow

Default Re: Fitchburg mass meet

the proulbem when it rains is a vendor with good stuff covers it you can,t blame him. so if it,s raining & you like looking at tarps stay & walk around . like ken says the rusty stuff is visable.
richard crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #22
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard crow View Post
the proulbem when it rains is a vendor with good stuff covers it you can,t blame him. so if it,s raining & you like looking at tarps stay & walk around . like ken says the rusty stuff is visable.
That's not always the case. Some of the big swap meets/shows that I attend you have to walk around looking at tarp covered tables on clear/sunny days because you can't get some so called vendors up and out of their nice cozy motorhome beds until late morning, around lunchtime . The vendors who are there to really sell could always cover their 'nice things' with some clear plastic when it's raining and keep on selling . The rusty stuff doesn't care if it sunny or raining .

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-25-2012 at 07:54 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #23
Kerk

I believe it is at 157 Crawford St. If you get on Crawdford Street you will have no trouble finding it. jmho
Kerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #24
JM 35 Sedan

Angry Re: Fitchburg mass meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerk View Post
I believe it is at 157 Crawford St. If you get on Crawdford Street you will have no trouble finding it. jmho
Thanks Kerk! Hope to see you there if I can make it....and I sure hope I can. Bring some of your nice '35 stuff for me to at least take a look at . Those pictures I promised will be coming soon. Bring one of those nice 21 stud Eddie Meyer heads so I can drool all over it .

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #25
Straightpipes

Google Fitchburg early ford and there is a flyer there with map and other info.
Fitchburg is a half day rain or shine swap meet and car show. They open the gate for vendors around 6 AM and it's pretty much over by 11 AM. We drive 6 hours for a 6 hour swap meet.
Straightpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #26
More Dust than Rust

I'm on the fence about bringing my truck. If I can get a trailer I might. I don't know if a 50 mile trip should be the first trip beyond quick spins around town. Plus it looks like crap. Wouldn't mind,parking next to 32forddump though. If I do bring it what's the scoop for a newbie to these things? Arrival time, how to pick a spot, when can one leave, etc.

Last edited by More Dust than Rust; 03-28-2012 at 08:39 PM.
More Dust than Rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #27
1931 flamingo

It's not a car show, it's basically a parking lot with a bunch of neat cars in it, the main attraction is the swap and getting together. Come and go when you want.

Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #28
CC33

Say's it starts at 7am and arrive "early". Is there plenty of room for a truck and trailer to unload a car? Is there separate parking for show cars?
CC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #29
ken ct
BANNED

They have plenty of room. ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #30
Frank Miller

We park the show cars separate. A show car is whatever you say it is. It makes for an interesting display. There should be plenty of good weather in the next month so get some miles on that pickup and venture out for a ride. This is a really great meet on a nice day.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #31
BrianCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Dust than Rust View Post
I'm on the fence about bringing my truck. If I can get a trailer I might. I don't know if a 50 mile trip should be the first trip beyond quick spins around town. Plus it looks like crap. Wouldn't mind,parking next to 32forddump though. If I do bring it what's the scoop for a newbie to these things? Arrival time, how to pick a spot, when can one leave, etc.
I am not in the club, but from what I have seen most anything goes in the show area. I don't think there is any judging or prizes. Hope someone who knows will correct me if I am wrong.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #32
biggeorge

It's a great kick off for spring!!
biggeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #33
Straightpipes

It's an airport, plenty of room! No judgeing. The prize is the fun you'll have. Lots of neat stuff comes out at the first get to gether of the year.

" Go Devil Garage " stop by and say Hi.
Straightpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #34
oldford2

It is a fun meet especially for flathead people. I have been there several years. Last year we were on our way there early in the morning and were half way when a turkey flew up from the side off the road and smashed in the drivers side windshield (2000 Ranger). No time to react. Huge starburst and tiny pieces of glass in the cab. So, we turned around and limped home.
John
oldford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #35
russcc

Default Re: Fitchburg EVA meet date & directions

Date; Sunday, April 22nd, 2012. 8:00AM - 1:00PM. Fleas & car shows. Rain, snow or shine.

Rt 2 West from Boston, take Leominster exit, right at top of ramp, Rt 13 North, (Main St), 2nd lights, take a left on to Nashua St., 2nd right on to Crawford St. Go past airport and general avaition entrance on left, get in line, and take a left at the signs to fleas on your left.

When you get in, Stop and say high at #113, (lucky number), at the end of the row, on the corner, to the right of access road, and opposite the parking lot.

Get there any later than 6:00AM, nice long line, get there after 9:00AM, wasted trip, all the good stuff is gone.

Best wishes for good fishing.

Russ
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #36
Craig CT

Hi Chuck; As of right now Ol Ron and I will be there. Hope to see alot of Barners because life is always better in person, Craig.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #37
CC33

I see Whalom Park is close by. I went there as a kid. Is anything left of it or is it a shopping mall?
CC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #38
Dave50

Its all gone they put up condos, townhouses , they sold alot of memorabilia from the park a shame i went there as a kid and have taken my son aswell,which was a little to young to enjoy it all
Dave50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #39
chuck stevens

Anyone interested in another New England tour should stop by either Ken's camper or Bill's shock spot. We'll have coffee and donuts and try to get your ideas on the stops. 41 Ford 1, "Chuck L." is the man setting this up, I hope we get a ton of cars, the more the merrier.
chuck stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #40
Vic Piano

Sounds like you guys will have a good time, wish I could make it. Vic