Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-30-2015, 05:32 AM   #1
russcc

Default ;40 standard coupe original interiors

Can someone please post a photo of the original type door panel and seat from a '40 standard coupe. I looked at a pretty much original '40 standard coupe yesterday that a friend has owned for 40+ years. It had what looked like deluxe door panels. The door panel material appeared to be original with a suede leather material covering.
I like the "suede leather" look. Was that an original material ? If so, where would you get it ? Been trying to get hold of Lebaron Bonney for the last week, busy, busy, busy, no return calls or emails. Thank you Fordbarners.

This is the door panel in my '40 coupe now, which I would like to replace with original type suede, leather or vinyl in the original standard pattern
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3399.JPG (112.3 KB, 64 views)
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 04:16 AM   #2
russcc

Default Re: ;40 standard coupe original interiors

Good morning Fordbaners wherever you are. Anyone out there have a photo of the interior on an original '40 standard coupe door panel and seat ? Thank you.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:25 AM   #3
Terry,OH

I believe this is original interior. You can see the horizontal pattern in the material and the carpet on the bottom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 40 Standard coupe interior original.jpg (75.3 KB, 66 views)
Terry,OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:10 AM   #4
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by russcc View Post
Can someone please post a photo of the original type door panel and seat from a '40 standard coupe. I looked at a pretty much original '40 standard coupe yesterday that a friend has owned for 40+ years. It had what looked like deluxe door panels. The door panel material appeared to be original with a suede leather material covering.
I like the "suede leather" look. Was that an original material ? If so, where would you get it ? Been trying to get hold of Lebaron Bonney for the last week, busy, busy, busy, no return calls or emails. Thank you Fordbarners.

This is the door panel in my '40 coupe now, which I would like to replace with original type suede, leather or vinyl in the original standard pattern
That is NOT an authentic door pattern. No how - no way. In fact it does not resemble a deluxe door panel either. It is quite obvious this particular car has had at minimum the door panels and wind lace replaced. It appears to be material often utilized in GM vehicles of the 70's vintage. Keep in mind that when your friend acquired this car, it was already 35+ years old. Plenty of time to have been modified in numerous ways. Little care was taken to maintain most of these vehicles in authentic condition back then as they were for the most part nearly worthless.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg right door inner b4.jpg (39.7 KB, 60 views)
Old 07-31-2015, 09:33 AM   #5
Fred A

First thing I did was to look where RUSSCC might be located but as happens too often he has concealed that fact. Have some rough door panels that might be useful. No location is a real trun-off. Come out and be located! Fred A
Fred A is offline   Reply With Quote