Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #1
bobgreco

Default Thank You Ford Barners

In light of the recent unfortunate passing of two of the regular and very knowlegeable Ford Barners, I would like to say thank you to everyone that helps each other out on this site. This is a great group of folks that have taught me, and many others I am sure, a ton of stuff about this hobby. I believe Don Turley has called this "the greatest hobby in the world." In keeping with this theme, I would call Ford Barn the greatest Model A reference in the world.

God bless the families of all who have recently passed.

Bob
bobgreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
1931 flamingo

Default Re: Thank You Ford Barners

DITTO
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
RcT

This seems like an appropriate thread to express my feelings... As for myself, well, I keep pretty much to myself and do not get involved with clubs and meets and tours. Once a year or so I will go to a swap meet, again, by myself so I can do it at my own slow speed.
The extent of my involvement with the model A is to mess around with it on weekends and read the Ford Barn at least once a day. When I do take out the car, about once a month or so, I stick close to home, out of the traffic and give a ride to my wife or grandson.
Now to the point of this post: With the recent passing of many of the well-known and loved Model A folks, I do want to convey my condolences and express my sympathies to their families. Just a select few seem to have so many friends and admirers.
I never met any of them, but can see the impact they made with their presence; as for the rest of us who remain, we learned from their skills and experience, and I will continue to learn from the rest of you.
Yes, indeed, thank you Ford Barners...
RcT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
Rowdy
BANNED

I have always asked alot of questions, but also tried to help as much as I can. Sometimes I ask questions based on things I have seen or read and get pure silence, but like to think that I atleast got the experts thinking. I have always been appriciative of this forum and the people on it. Without this forum I would be without alot of knowledge and still calling afew locals for help. Last Month one of the locals (Roy Dancer)I had always asked questions to passed away. It would seem our knowledge base is dwending in size and scope if you looked at knowledge as a static quanity. However with people like these teaching us all it can only increase and we were blessed with people who took the time to learn throughout their lives so they could teach us. Rod