Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-02-2024, 08:06 PM   #1
v8fordman

Default An Old Memory

As I was straightening up in my shop today, I came across this poster from years ago (1964). For years, this was an annual event and was our family vacation. I don’t know how far reaching its attendance was since it was held in eastern Tennessee, but was wondering if any Fordbarners remember or attended this show. It was called “The Greatest ‘A’ Show on Earth”. Does anyone remember when or why it ended?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4583.jpg (51.5 KB, 204 views)
v8fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 11:25 AM   #2
Dick Carne

Default Re: An Old Memory

I also have one of these posters tucked away somewhere as well. Those were truly enjoyable events for me, as it gave me some great one-on one times with my father and the opportunity to make some really great memories. We lived in Decatur, Georgia at the time. I also remember seeing the car collections of the Coulter Brothers who at that time owned the "last Model A" that was built in the mid 1940's for Edsel's son, Henry Ford II, as well as the town car delivery that was later purchased by the gentleman from Pell City, Alabama who had such a broad collection of 1931 model A's up until his death and subsequent liquidation a few years back. Getting back to the "Greatest A Show on Earth, it seems that maybe by 1966 or '67 the event had ended?
Dick Carne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 01:28 PM   #3
fried okra

Location: Daniel Island,SouthCarolina/Knoxville, Tennessee/Sanibel Island,Florida

Interesting how back in those days they didn't include an address with a zip code on the flyer.....was expected everyone knew where the Fairgrounds were
fried okra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 11:21 PM   #4
w.michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by fried okra View Post
Interesting how back in those days they didn't include an address with a zip code on the flyer.....was expected everyone knew where the Fairgrounds were

Right. They should have included a street address and zip code; because back in 1964, if you didn't know the location, you could always plug the address into you cell phone or GPS. Oh, wait . . ..

W. Michael
w.michael is offline   Reply With Quote