Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #1
Steve in Tampa

Default 32 b truck info needed

Can anybody tell me which way the gas line goes from the tank to the fuel pump on a B 4-cylinder? Pictures would be great if you have them. Also, the cable from the starter to the battery. Are there any brackets? What about the screws that hold the windshield on to the truck body? How many screws and what is the size? Thanks for your help. Steve
Steve in Tampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #2
donh

Default Re: 32 b truck info needed

I have a 33 BB 1 1/2 ton truck.
gas line runs along the inside of the frame and then turns to fuel pump. I cut the original steel fuel line added a gas filter with 2 rubber hoses and clamps just in back of the hose fitting. The hose then can be screwed on to the fitting from the steel fuel line and attached to the pump on the side of the 4 cyl engine.
I attach the cable from the positive terminal to a bolt on top of gear shift plate. You may have to use a longer bolt because of the thickness of the cable end, but not too long that would interfere with the tranny operation. Because it is a 6 volt battery I use cables for a tractor. They are heavier than for 12v cable.
Screws appear to be round head possibly 1/4 to 3/8 in. long. The nuts are attached to the top of the cab frame.
Don
donh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
DavidG

Steve,

Is your starter control foot operated or hand operated through a cable control mounted on the left side of the steering column support bracket? Also is your truck a pickup (Model B with a 106" wheelbase chassis) or big truck (131 1/2" or 154" wheelbase, namely a Model BB)?
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
Steve in Tampa

Thanks for the info. How does the cable from the starter (Neg) to the battery run originally? Is there a bracket on the flywheel housing (like an A model) or through the center of the pedals? My cab windshield area (where the windshield frame attaches) has 11 clinch nuts, a hole on each side and one in the center with no clinch nuts and I'm not sure what's supposed to happen in those 3 holes. The 3 holes are larger than the other 11 and they are not set up for clinch nuts. Is something else supposed to attach to it? Thanks again. Steve
Old 09-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #5
Steve in Tampa

Model B, small truck, 106" wheel base. Starter is a cable pull. Thanks, Steve
Old 09-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #6
donh

Don't know if the cable runs through a holder like the Model A. There wasn't anything on mine. I just got a long enough cable so I could loop it around and not have a tight fit. The other holes on the frame maybe for the vacuum line for the wiper.
donh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #7
rbullockv8

Not sure about the pull-cable start (mine is foot start). But my batt cable runs through one of the large frame holes (1 1/4" maybe) on the outside of where the pedals are. Vendors sell big grommets to protect the cable.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #8
Steve in Tampa

Roadster truck, wow you have a rare truck, looks nice. Thanks to all,steve
Old 09-08-2014, 11:20 PM   #9
DavidG

Steve,

Here are a couple of photos that may be helpful. In the color photo the routing of negative cable from the battery to the starter switch (through a large hole with a rubber grommet as cited above). You'll note a support bracket with a rubber insulator attached to the forward-most of the firewall to chassis frame bolts. The bracket is shown in the attached photo and illustration. I do not believe that this bracket has been reproduced, but it is pretty easy to make yourself. The rubber insulator is available as a reproduction from Bob Drake and no doubt other parts suppliers to the hobby.

The last photo shows the positive ground cable dangling from it attachment in the upper left hand corner of the u-joint housing cap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Book photos 014.jpg (76.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Book photos 382.jpg (68.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Book photos 383.jpg (39.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Image Expert Photos 746.jpg (114.9 KB, 25 views)
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #10
Steve in Tampa

Great view shows alot , thanks this will help. Any chance of you sending the other side of the engine and fire wall to [email protected]