Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
V8COOPMAN

Default Where's KUBE, lately?

I've seen several 1940-related posts this week, but Kube has not chimed-in. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 01-31-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
Zeke...PA

Default Re: Where's KUBE, lately?

Last post I saw had banned under his name ????? He is still posting on the V8 club site as of last week. Zeke.

Last edited by Zeke...PA; 01-31-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:33 AM   #3
4dFord/SC

Don't see him in the members list???
Old 01-31-2014, 09:53 AM   #4
Old Henry

This was Kube's last straw: https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125672
He had been warned time and again.
A lesson to all. Be nice or you're gone.

Too bad. He had a wealth of knowledge to share from vast experience. If you wanted it perfect mechanically he was the man to see. That source of knowledge will be missed.

Last edited by Old Henry; 01-31-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:38 AM   #5
Charlie ny
BANNED

OH,
Yikes....I just read Mikes 'last straw' responses......it's a leaky stud for
cryin' out loud...........
Charlie ny
Old 01-31-2014, 10:59 AM   #6
V8 Bob

KUBE is a very talented and knowledgeable restorer/builder of old Fords. He was, however, just not the nicest person with many people over the years. I'll miss his expertise, but not his attitude.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:00 AM   #7
DD931

This is ridiculous. Mike Kubarth is one of the most knowledgeable and respected members of the early ford V8 community. He's the author of the V8 club's 1940 book, for heaven's sake. And, he's a gentleman. If he's banned from the site this whole thing is busted.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:10 AM   #8
37 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD931 View Post
This is ridiculous. Mike Kubarth is one of the most knowledgeable and respected members of the early ford V8 community. He's the author of the V8 club's 1940 book, for heaven's sake. And, he's a gentleman. If he's banned from the site this whole thing is busted.
I agree but it prooves that this is and has always been mostly a social site. Just like high school, some say Kube was a bully,if that is the case Henry you are definitely the "hall monitor"
Old 01-31-2014, 11:14 AM   #9
Binx

There must have been more to it than what he wrote in Old Henry's post.

Lonnie
Old 01-31-2014, 11:20 AM   #10
David J

Seems to me that's what he was pointing out . FWIW I'm with him on the not liking the long winded fuzzy-wuzzy endless ramblings that seem to be taking this place over . I don't do " facebook " or any of that BS . Info sites are what interest me - not BS central . David J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie ny View Post
OH,
Yikes....I just read Mikes 'last straw' responses......it's a leaky stud for
cryin' out loud...........
Charlie ny
Old 01-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #11
fottyjs

Did I miss something?....Where did Kube appear on this blog?.....
Old 01-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #12
Vic Piano

The sharing of historical knowledge, technical expertise, etc. is what makes this site a valuable resource. Resorting to vulgarities in your responses is not! For those of you who appreciate KUBE, I understand he is still posting on the EFV8 Club web site.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:44 AM   #13
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binx View Post
There must have been more to it than what he wrote in Old Henry's post.

Lonnie
There was. He had written the same to me in PM's and emails on this and the Early Ford V8 site until the monitors blocked such directly to me so he then put it on the public site. That was the last straw.

I have no hard feelings. As I said, he had a lot of good information to offer and such will be missed. I will look for him on the EFV8 site.

Last edited by Old Henry; 01-31-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #14
done4

Send a message via Yahoo to done4

Damn, Kube must of had a bad couple of days. I know him and he has always been a nice guy. I guess there are two different worlds, real and internet.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:12 PM   #15
Old Henry

I have no doubt that Kube is a very nice guy and that in person he and I would get along nicely. But, there's something about the anonymity of the internet that makes one feel safe to hurl a grenade over a wall on top of someone that you only know bugs you for some reason when you don't really know how nice a guy they really are if you really knew them.

I hope to meet Kube in person some day and get to know him better.

Last edited by Old Henry; 01-31-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:46 PM   #16
DD931

OK. Henry and Kube got in an argument. I doubt all the blame lies on one side.

Can we get over it and get back to normal?

We will all be poorer not having Mike's expertise.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:48 PM   #17
Firepower flyer

I'm geuessing he will be back,there's been guys that got banned on the HAMB that came back.It may be a week suspension.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:08 PM   #18

Wow! I Know Mike, He Has Always Been Very Helpful With Me And Others! A Nice Guy. This Is Real Loss, Hope He Can Come Back Some Time Soon. Wayne
Old 01-31-2014, 02:16 PM   #19
Mart

When SouthUrn got banned from the HAMB it was for a week*. If Kube's banning is similar he will be back. He is a knowledgeable guy, and if he is able to come back that would be good. It may serve as a reminder though, to all of us, that no-one has the right to write bad things about other members. We all need to understand that other peoples skill levels and work methods may be different than our own, and that is not something to use to belittle the other.

Whatever happens, the sun will still come up in the morning.

Mart.

* It may have been a month, I'm not quite sure.
Old 01-31-2014, 02:38 PM   #20
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
. . . no-one has the right to write bad things about other members. We all need to understand that other people's skill levels and work methods may be different than our own, and that is not something to use to belittle the other.

Mart.
My sentiments exactly expressed here: https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129629
Old 01-31-2014, 03:16 PM   #21
Bassman/NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
When SouthUrn got banned from the HAMB it was for a week*. If Kube's banning is similar he will be back. He is a knowledgeable guy, and if he is able to come back that would be good. It may serve as a reminder though, to all of us, that no-one has the right to write bad things about other members. We all need to understand that other peoples skill levels and work methods may be different than our own, and that is not something to use to belittle the other.

Whatever happens, the sun will still come up in the morning.

Mart.

* It may have been a month, I'm not quite sure.
Well said Mart.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:32 PM   #22
David J

Hey Ryan , Your gig of course but can't you see what is even happening to this thread ? To some of the above - Congrats is due as I swore a long time ago I would NEVER be a member of the EV8club again . When I get fed up with something toy related it usually sticks pretty well but the know-it all that decided he should be able to tell me what to do with MY 33 5w has become a VERY distant memory so I am now a member again and will be with the banned ones until that turns into " facebook 3 " or something of that sort . David J
Old 01-31-2014, 03:47 PM   #23
42merc

We all know Kube is Gods answer to the early V8, but he comes off as a jerk when responding to posts.
I sat on this for some time before jumping in.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:50 PM   #24
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

I have judge with him and look for every chance to pick his brain. This is a big loss to this forum to have him taken off. This don't make any since. ..We need people like him. He has help me a lot with my 40 Ford. WOW I can't believe this. That like putting a stake through my heart.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:32 PM   #25
37 Coupe

I am with Redneck. I am boycotting this forum untill Kube is reinstated. And yet you keep KenCt in good faith ?,My God Ryan get with it and goodby.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:38 PM   #26
Binx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
I have judge with him and look for every chance to pick his brain. This is a big loss to this forum to have him taken off. This don't make any since. ..We need people like him. He has help me a lot with my 40 Ford. WOW I can't believe this. That like putting a stake through my heart.
With you face-to-face with him, did he ever say anything like this to you or does he just reserve it for the internet:

Originally Posted by Kube
You asked a a question (6v. or 12v.) and he answered. What else were you hoping for? A pen pal?
And, just a bit of advice... prior to calling out anyone as being ignorant you may want to check your spelling, sentence formation, proper capitalization and lack of punctuation. "He who calls the kettle black..."

The original poster was complaining about curt fragmented responses he was getting from an Ebay selller.

Lonnie
Old 01-31-2014, 04:55 PM   #27
4dFord/SC

For those suffering withdrawal symptoms, you can still get your Kube fixes on the EFV8 forum
Old 01-31-2014, 05:08 PM   #28
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42merc View Post
........"he comes off as a jerk when responding to posts."
That's an interesting observation, and is a perfect example of how different folks interpret things. On the same subject, I have always read MOST of his posts as generally short, concise and to the point by a guy that doesn't seem to embellish anything with a bunch of unnecessary sugar or BS. The guy probably doesn't have time for much else. Seems I've heard that his restorations are accomplished, for the most part, almost single-handedly for what must be very demanding clients. I know that I've read that he likes to spend some part of most days working on the new '40 Ford book. I know that MY responses would certainly be quick and short if my days were that full. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 01-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #29
19Fordy

Gee, "Kube" was always nice to me and sure has a lot to offer this forum. Hope he finishes his book and returns.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:55 PM   #30
Binx

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
That's an interesting observation, and is a perfect example of how different folks interpret things. On the same subject, I have always read MOST of his posts as generally short, concise and to the point by a guy that doesn't seem to embellish anything with a bunch of unnecessary sugar or BS. The guy probably doesn't have time for much else. Seems I've heard that his restorations are accomplished, for the most part, almost single-handedly for what must be very demanding clients. I know that I've read that he likes to spend some part of most days working on the new '40 Ford book. I know that MY responses would certainly be quick and short if my days were that full. DD
That's cool V8COOPMAN, and I respect your insights of this man but I’m not on this forum to “interpret” him. He’s not an enigma. Forums are communities. They have a personality of their own. You lurk for several months and then join when you decide "okay, these people seem alright and I think I can fit in here to learn and maybe have something to contribute".

Truth be told, I cling to every word Kube says since I own a vehicle in his area of expertise, but to have to "interpret" is like having the Chief Practitioner of Johns-Hopkins a member of the Hurts When I Go Like This medical forum. Won't fit in unless they decide they want to fit in the community.

Lonnie
Old 01-31-2014, 07:03 PM   #31
Wmgmitchell

In my limited experience with these forums, few people are more knowledgable or helpful than Kube. He's also been a real gentleman in all the posts of his I've read. Every one of us occasionally say things we probably would have said if we'd waited a day or so. I'd put the post at issue in that pigeon hole.

I admire and respect both Kube and Old Henry and really love both of their many posts. I sincerely hope that whomever monitors these things will "lift the suspension" and allow Kube to continue to share his enormous wisdom and knowledge with the rest of us mere mortals. Old Henry is clearly willing to bury the hatchet and so should the monitor of this site.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:14 PM   #32
deuce_roadster

If Kube isn't welcome here, neither am I. This is really stupid. Adios, I'm done.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #33
ford38v8

I'm sure we all, every one of us, have personal friends whose personalities we consider to be, shall I say, a bit contrary to what we'd prefer. Everyone has idiosyncracies and habits that are ungratious or boorish to some, but which go unnoticed by others. Still, they are friends, and nobody confronts friends on petty stuff unless you're drunk and boorish yourself.

Except on the internet. I hope everyone, of course Mike included, can learn what a unique resource we have here in the Barn, and tone down our internet talk to a level that would be acceptable in personal face to face conversation.

My opinion of this or that person's personality is of no importance, but what is important is that others opinions are also kept to themselves. This is not the place to throw punches, and I agree that Ryan was well justified in banning Mike from the Barn.

Having said that, I hope Mike gets a chance to redeem himself, as i'm sure he is a better man for the experience. Besides, he knows a lot of stuff I don't, and it's easier to pick his brain than to do my own research.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:49 PM   #34
Tinker

Many different forms of bullies. Direct or passive agressive... But dont encourge bad advice. I dont know if one or the other was, is, whatever. And reallly dont care.

On a side note i Was listen to a great song tonight. justin moore - how i got to be this way. Google / Youtube it.

I think ryan summed it on the closed thread that started this drama. Sometimes you learn from a few lumps... And that means respectively to all

Hope no ones leaves, best advice is if you dont care for a post, dont care to post.

Personally ( for someone that is a speck ) i like the balance of both, Enjoy the fords!

Last edited by Tinker; 01-31-2014 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:23 PM   #35
Chisel

The Barns contribution to sissifying America.

Evil Lurks...for those that don't carry a side arm!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:34 PM   #36
Old Henry

Having personal knowledge of just some of the many times Kube was warned, forgiven, and given 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances just to offend again I believe that Ryan was more than patient and did the right thing in this case and doubt that Kube will be seen again on this forum.

Forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves. Doesn't really have much to do with the offender. Once we figure that out it's pretty easy to forgive. But trust is something quite different. Although one may quickly forgive an offense, that does not mean that trust is restored immediately. Trust, once lost, takes much time and effort to restore. Although I forgive Kube his trespasses, as I hope he forgives mine, I would not trust him to be nice if he was allowed to return.

Last edited by Old Henry; 01-31-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:03 PM   #37
Barry-ct

I have had a few discussions here with Kube and we haven't always agreed on things. I respect his opinion and basically agree to disagree with him on some things. He can be brash at times, but no worse than some others here. It's time to let the dust settle and get back to Flatheads. Some have gotten upset and are leaving, but why get that upset. There's more important things to worry about than this. We're here because we enjoy Flatheads and what they power. People have forgotten how to "compromise" and "agree to disagree" these days.

My 2 cents......

50 F-1
Old 01-31-2014, 09:56 PM   #38
1937pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Henry View Post
Having personal knowledge of just some of the many times Kube was warned, forgiven, and given 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances just to offend again I believe that Ryan was more than patient and did the right thing in this case and doubt that Kube will be seen again on this forum.

Forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves. Doesn't really have much to do with the offender. Once we figure that out it's pretty easy to forgive. But trust is something quite different. Although one may quickly forgive an offense, that does not mean that trust is restored immediately. Trust, once lost, takes much time and effort to restore. Although I forgive Kube his trespasses, as I hope he forgives mine, I would not trust him to be nice if he was allowed to return.
Henry-how do you know about Kube's warnings and multiple chances? I would think that would be between Kube & the administrator.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:59 PM   #39
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1937pickup View Post
Henry-how do you know about Kube's warnings and multiple chances? I would think that would be between Kube & the administrator.
I know of them as the victim of his personal attacks on me both in PM's and private emails, that others didn't know about, in addition to public forum posts. See # 13.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:04 PM   #40
Tinker

Well that is a shame.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:25 PM   #41
F1 MIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker View Post
well that is a shame.
henry go home.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:30 PM   #42
Old Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 MIKE View Post
henry go home.
10-4 good buddy. Will do.

Oh, I'm already at home.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:45 PM   #43
F1 MIKE

THERE was this kid that that would come by the house and craped like in PO PO IN HIS PANTS AND WE WOULD SAY GO HOME HENRY.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:02 AM   #44
Ryan
Administrator

Kube isn't banned. He got an infraction for drama... I don't host drama... At all... Cuz, well... Calling people names and getting upset over a forum about old Fords is ridiculous to me.

If you've got an issue with that policy, this probably isn't the forum for you.

Anyway, KUbes infraction wears off in 16 hours... After that period, he will be able to post again.
Closed Thread