Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2023, 08:09 PM   #1
Lawson Cox

Default Update on 60HP engine project

As most of you who know me are aware, I have enjoyed the hobby of personally restoring, showing and touring in vintage cars and trucks, mostly early 1930s Fords, for over 50 years. Age and physical limitations have finally taken their toll and I am simply unable to continue undertaking total "body off the frame" restorations. Hey, I am even afraid to drive a vintage vehicle any more.

Over the past couple of years,however, I have managed to stay busy with "small stuff". I managed to locate, purchase and cosmetically restore, a neat little 1939 Ford Flathead V8 60HP engine with a rare commercial transmission attached. This project started out as just something to have on display in my own shop, for my enjoyment only. I have wanted to undertake such a project since my early high school days in the middle 1940s, but real life kept getting in the way.. .

As I progressed with the little 60HP project, I had an epiphany. Why not just donate the completed project to the Early Ford V8 Foundation Museum in Auburn, Indiana when I ride off into the sunset. where other Old Car Guys will be able to enjoy looking at the rare Ford "Thrifty Sixty" I contacted the museum and they gladly accepted the project engine to be displayed there,.along with other fine Ford memorabilia of all kinds.

Wanting to display the engine in the most favorable light, I designed and had a nice custom display stand built to display it on.

I am pleased to announce that the engine has been picked up by the museum from my shop in Covington, GA and is on its way to the museum in Auburn, IN as this announcement is being made.

I want to thank many other Old Ford Lovers and friends from all over the country, who donated time, money, advice and several rare, scearce and much needed original 60HP parts to my project. God Bless each and every one of you.

Lawson

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote